Sakura Part II: Lacrimoso

Lacrimoso - a sad intonation that is expressed between low and high notes

Only a week remains before the day of the concours, as Y/N and Sakura made full use of their free time mastering their chosen piece. This was causing a lot of fatigue especially for Sakura, since she has to balance her studies along with the schedule for their rehearsals. But one thing is certain; the secret she was trying to hide from everyone might be revealed at a moment even she wouldn't expect.

Academy Practice Room, the week before

Y/N and Sakura managed to finish up their rehearsal for the day as Chaeyeon and Nako came to watch the two them perform. Both were equally astonished once they heard how well they harmonized together.

"That was amazing, Kkura-unnie and Y/N-oppa! The way you played just now is a whole lot better than what you performed against Eunbi-unnie before!" Nako said, as the two of them thanked her.

"Thank you, Nako-chan. It was difficult for me to keep up with noona first, but her strict form of training seemed to have paid off just now." Y/N said.

"I agree, Y/N. But still, to be able to catch up to Kkura-unnie's level in just a few weeks of practice is truly impressive. I can see why she's so interested in you." Chaeyeon said as Sakura immediately reacted to her teasing.

"T-that's not fair, Chaeyeon! I'm only interested in him because I wanted to help him just like what I did with Eunbi back then! There's no other reason aside from that! P-please Y/N, don't think of anything about what she said just now!" She said quickly as the three of them laughed at her expression.

"I know, noona. But thank you all the same. I would not have come this far if it wasn't for you helping me to improve my skills." He said as he was smiling at her, causing Sakura to try and hide her blushing face.

"I see that Kkura-unnie is starting to get interested in something other than her violin and music books." Nako teased.

"But seriously, with a performance like this, it would really baffle me if you two wouldn't be able to win, unless your competitors are as good as the both of you are." Chaeyeon said.

"By the way, unnie, you sure have it rough these days, what with your exams coming up just two weeks after the concours. Are you sure you're having enough rest?"

"I am, Chaeyeon. For this week, Y/N and I decided to shorten the time of our rehearsals, since we need to conserve our strength in time for the contest. About that, it's about time we go home right?" Sakura said as the three of them agreed.

"Um, thanks again, noona, but I'm afraid I have to pick up something for Eunbi-noona before I go home. I'm sorry if I have to leave earlier today." Y/N said to them.

"It's okay Y/N. Chaeyeon and Nako are with me anyways. I'll see you tomorrow."

Y/N left the campus after saying goodbye to them, as the three took their time to prepare to go home themselves.

Practice Building Corrdiors, that same afternoon

As Chaeyeon and Nako were busy chatting with each other as they walk, Sakura began to feel weak as she suddenly started to feel pain coming from her chest. Noticing that she wasn't walking at their pace, Chaeyeon looked back to see her kneeling on the floor. What she saw greatly worried her and Nako.

"Kkura-unnie, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine....Chaeyeon. It's.....just.....a mild pain.......it will be gone.....after I.....rest for a while......."

"No it's not unnie! Help me Nako, we'll take unnie to the School Clinic now!"

"Of course! Let's go, unnie!" Nako said as she and Chaeyeon helped her as they walked slowly towards the clinic.