Minju Part IV: Marziale

Marziale - a musical interpretation of a solemn but fierce melody

It has been a truly pleasant day for the academy. Y/N and Minju's success in the concours brought its fame and prestige to new heights as the two of them were able to deliver a magnificent performance that anyone would praise. The day after the competition, students, faculty and everyone in the academy gave them nothing but sincere words of praise and congratulations for making them all proud.

Today would be the start of preparations for the academy's music festival, where all its students would be given a chance to demonstrate their skills and talents for everyone who would watch them perform.

But due to him agreeing with Mr. Kim's request, Y/N would not be attending the festival event, as he promised that he would act as the mentor and advisor for both Minju and Hyunjin's performance instead. The recital, which is very important for the Kim family, would be Minju's debut performance to the public as a professional harpist. The results of her performance would affect the family's status and future reputation, as it is vital that their daughter should be eligible enough to be the heir to their legacy. Hyunjin also has a particular role, in which he would be formally introduced as Minju's future husband and that the two would be announced publicly afterwards.

Mr. Kim arranged one of his villas on the outskirts of Seoul as the venue for their rehearsals. He wanted no one to disturb them as he expects that this would be a suitable environment for them to concentrate on the preparations.

Kim Family Villa, 1st day of rehearsal

Y/N arrived on the villa during the afternoon, as both Minju and Hyunjin greeted him as they welcomed him to their venue. He was amazed at how refined the place looked like. It was like a large mansion with seemingly countless rooms and hallways, complete with all the essential things they needed for their stay. Mr. Kim also arranged a few members of his staff to serve them whenever they needed their assistance, from food preparations to other amenities.

But the one thing that truly stood out for him would be the music rooms. It was filled with every instrument they can think of, from the standard classical instruments to the traditional Korean ones that he got familiar with from his early years.

"I knew that your father would arrange somewhere exclusive for us to practice on, but I didn't expect it to be this fabulous, Minju." Y/N said as Minju smiled.

"Of course, sunbaenim. Dad wanted us to be at our best every time we rehearse, so he figured that this place would be perfect."

"I was just like you when I first set foot in this house, Y/N-sunbaenim. Mr. Kim has always been kind to me, and I hope that with your help, I would be able to repay him for that by helping Minju perform the best performance she'll ever do, with me of course." He said to Y/N as he emphasized the word "best" to him. Minju can only give them a warm smile as they head towards the practice room.

The day went by after long hours of rehearsals, as Y/N can't help but be impressed at Hyunjin's skills on the piano. He was able to quickly adjust to his methods and was able to show him how good he really is. He can't help but feel a bit insecure as he started to think that he could be truly a better pianist than he is.

"His skills are exceptional. I'm not even sure if I can teach him anything else, he's already talented enough that he would be a perfect match for Minju once they perform. He may be a bit arrogant with his attitude, but he has every right to do so because he can naturally back it up with such level of skill. Now I'm starting to doubt myself if I would still pursue my own feelings for Minju, he really is that perfect for her, and she doesn't know how lucky she is to have him." He said to himself.