Yena Part I: Spiritoso

Spiritoso - a musical style that makes up for its lack of proficiency through energy and lively emotion

"I would like Choi Yena to be my partner for the National Concours, Mr. Director." Y/N said seriously as he hands over the document back to the director.

"Thank you, Y/N-ssi. I trust that you would inform her of your decision as soon as possible. I expect that you and Ms. Choi would give it your best during the day of the concours. Starting today, I hope the both of you would take this time to decide on what piece the both of you are going to perform. Remember that this academy, including myself, will always support you regardless of the outcome." The director said as Y/N smiled due to his words of encouragement.

After excusing himself from the office, Y/N knew that he had one very important thing to do first, and that is to apologize to the other three girls whom he did not choose as his partner. He knows that doing this would be painful to them, but he has to fully accept his decision wholeheartedly so as not to cause any more doubts to linger in him.

Of the three people he didn't choose, Chaewon would be the most painful to apologize for. He knew that she deserves a chance as much as the others, if not greater. When he returned to the classroom to inform her of his choice, Chaewon was ready for it. She promised to help Y/N and his partner in any way she can, though not before painfully admitting that she was hurt that he did not choose her. All the same, the two of them comforted each other, showing that none of this managed to ruin their friendship.

As for Minju, the girl simply gave him small words of encouragement and fully accepted his decision, concluding that Y/N simply followed his heart when he made the choice. She told him that she is still hoping for that time when they will perform with each other again, and that she will continue to hone her skills in order to be worthy of playing alongside him.

Sakura respected his decision, making peace with the fact the Y/N will give the best performance he could do like what they did before. She promised to lend her support, and made clear that she would still give both Y/N and Yena her time to mentor them during their rehearsals if needed. Having heard this, Y/N thanked her and told her that he would never forget what he learned from her during their recital.

After School, that same day

Even though Y/N already picked Yena to be his partner, he did not immediately tell her about it. When he got out of the director's office, he noticed that she was trying to hide herself on one of the corners of the corridor halls. Knowing that she eavesdropped on him, Y/N tried to play a small prank on her.

He waited until classes were over, as he bid goodbye to Chaewon and Felix while making his way to the rooftops. He pretended not to notice when he saw Yena was following her. When he reached the stairs, he suddenly ran quickly towards the rooftops, making his way to the door and locked it before she could catch up. Yena, meanwhile tried to run after him, but when she made it to the door, she noticed it was locked. It was at that moment when Y/N talked to her through the door.

"Yena-ah, why were you following me the whole day?"

"No I'm not! In fact, you still haven't told me whom you chose as your partner!"

"Oh, and why are you so interested in knowing who?"

"Pabo, I just want to tell you that I will support you no matter who you picked for the concours, that's all."

"Really, well thanks, Yena-ah. That means a lot." He said as Yena started to feel irritated.

"So tell me then, who did you pick Y/N?"