Chapter 2: Andante

Andante - a musical term which instructs that the piece should be performed at a moderate or steady pace

"Chaewon?"

Having heard her name, the girl removed her hands from Y/N's eyes, as he looks behind to take a look at her. Once he does, Chaewon gave him a calm and teary smile as she gives him a hug. Y/N, for his part, can't help but feel emotional as he returns the hug, as the two former friends meet each other after so long.

"It's been so long, Chae. I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to contact you back then." He said to her.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Y/N. You're here with me now, so let's use our time here to catch up with each other again." She said reassuringly.

"Still, Eunbi -noona didn't mention that you've enrolled here too. She could have told me about it."

"I think unnie wanted to surprise you Y/N, but don't worry, just like old times, us three are back together again!"

"The three of us? Wait, that means Felix is here too?" Y/N said with a surprised tone.

"Yup, my idiot brother is here as well, and we're all in the same class this time!" Chaewon said excitedly as she motioned for Y/N to walk with her.

("I can't believe it. I never thought I would be able to meet them again, after all this time. ") Y/N said to himself, as he imagines a fun school year ahead of them.

The two went to their classroom at the juniors department for their homeroom activity. After a few words from their instructor, the class was free to interact with each other as they wait for lunch break. As expected, Y/N was at the center of everyone's attention, after his performance with Eunbi earlier. All of them were asking him questions one after another, with Felix and his new friend Han, try to control their classmates' excitement. Y/N can't help but smile as he knew this was a good sign that his classmates are glad to have him.

Seeing this, Chaewon looks at him while laughing at the scene in front of her. Deep down, she really missed him after he unexpectedly left her three years ago.

Flashback

At that time, Y/N and Eunbi's parents moved to Europe along with them, in order to focus on their careers and performances there. It was worth it, as the siblings went under the tutelage of their parent's peers who helped them nurture their talent. Those times were spent fruitfully as Eunbi became a highly skilled violinist while Y/N mastered the piano.

After two years, the family decided to return to their home country in order for the two of them to continue their studies back home, but Y/N and his father stayed for one more year when he was offered to be a conductor for an orchestra, with Y/N choosing to stay with him.

Present Time

Y/N, Chaewon, Felix and Han went to lunch that afternoon to get acquainted with each other. After choosing their table and getting their food, they sat together for a relaxing lunch break. As the most talkative of the group, Felix decided to start the conversation.

" Hey Y/N, you sure got the attention of everyone this morning. I never knew that you were already that good in playing the piano just now, I mean you're good at it back then but after that performance, you and Eunbi - noona showed us a heck of a duet!" he said proudly.

"I'm not at that level yet. It's just that noona and I played music together since we were kids, so we know how to synchronize well with each other every time we perform." Y/N replied.

"Well Felix, if you weren't slacking off most of the time, you could be much better playing the trumpet than anyone in this school can." Chaewon teasingly said to her brother.