Minju Part II: Cadenza

Cadenza - a harmonic configuration that expresses resolution

It has been a week since the night of the recital, when Y/N met Minju's fiancé, Hyunjin for the first time. This has caused him to question himself towards how he feels for her. What Hyunjin secretly told him after they met had shocked him to a degree that it started affecting their rehearsals every day.

Flashback

Hyunjin offered Minju and Y/N a ride home as they talked about things related to music. At first, Y/N was impressed about him and his knowledge and skills that he was taking his career path seriously. But as the talk went on, he felt something uncertain about him all of a sudden, as he also noticed that Minju was feeling uneasy the whole time they were talking, not even taking part on their conversation.

Once they reached Y/N's place, he bid goodbye to Minju as she simply gave him a smile. Hyunjin, however, got out of the car to speak with him once more.

"Y/N-sunbaenim, I really appreciate you giving Minju a chance to perform with you at the Nationals. I just want you to know that I'll be rooting for the both of you."

"Thank you, Hyunjin-ssi. That really means a lot coming from you."Y/N said to him as Hyunjin got closer, as he was about to whisper something to him.

"But after the competition is over......."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Do me a favor and stay away from her............"

Flashback end

Academy Practice Room, 2 weeks before the Concours

Despite this, Y/N still tried his best to concentrate with their preparations with Minju. However, unlike before, Minju seemed to have noticed that he started acting cold towards her, and that they only talk about the essential things when it comes to their rehearsals.

"That's it for today, well done Minju."

"Y-yes, oppa. Thank you for taking care of me again today."She said while trying to give him a smile, only for him to ignore it and quickly left.

"Oppa, why are you being like this to me? You used to be so caring and affectionate towards me every time we practice. You started acting like this ever since you met Hyunjin-oppa. I don't know what he told you that night, but please, I wanted to see that side of you back to me. I hate it when you're treating me like this." She said as she tried to stop herself from crying alone.

Academy Music Library, the day after

Y/N's sudden change of his treatment of Minju seemed to have gotten the attention of Hyewon. She too, felt concerned that they weren't talking to each other like usual when it comes to their rehearsals. Not to mention that when it comes to it, she noticed that both of them weren't as enthusiastic as before. Not wanting to see this continue, she took matters into her own hands as she tries to talk to Y/N about it. She found him studying at the music library all by himself during the free period, as she went to the area where he's seated.