Chaewon Part III: Coloratura

Coloratura - a style of singing that is ornate and richly decorated

Seoul Arts Theatre, night of the concours

The night of Seoul's Intermediate National Concours is about to begin. Various classical music enthusiasts, critics, performers and viewers from both in and out of the country had come to watch Korea's brightest musicians to perform on stage. Many of them are both interested and curious towards the talents and skills of this current generation of future professionals in the musical field.

For many of the concours' performers, it is their chance to gain recognition from many of the famous musical personalities who are in attendance. Some are eager to show off their prowess with their chosen instruments, while others are hoping that they would bring credit to the musical institutions which they belong to.

For both Y/N and Chaewon, they simply wanted the people who are about to watch them to know what they are capable of, and to show how unique their performance will be in comparison to their rivals. But the fame of Y/N's family seemed to have gotten most in attendance interested, as they all know that one of their family's heirs in music is set to perform tonight as one of the contestants.

Waiting Room, few minutes before Y/N and Chaewon's Performance

Y/N was spending the remainder of his waiting period to calm his nerves. He knows that his performance with Chaewon could very well be one of the competition's highlights, and the pressure of being so is starting to get to him. But knowing that his friends as well as his sister are all there to support them, he knows that they'll both be fine.

Opening up his phone, he began reading the messages left by the ones he didn't choose to perform with him tonight.

Yena:

"This is it, Y/N. I know that you being there to perform tonight also meant that you're fighting for the both of us. You have come today to show them what you can do, and knowing that, I'll always support you, as my closest friend and one of the important people I've met in my life. So go out there and win this!"

Minju:

"Y/N-sunbaenim, I have no doubt that you will be able to succeed in your performance tonight. As my idol, your dedication for your music always shines whenever you perform, and that is what inspired me to follow your path. I wish you the best in the concours and know that I will be here to support you."

Sakura:

"You have learned more than enough to have come this far, Y/N. As your sunbae, there's no one else who can be proud of you than me and your sister. You've shown me how much you value your talent as well as the people who helped you achieve what you are now. No matter what the results of the contest will be, know that I'll be there guiding you as you continue your path to become the best."

Their words were more than enough to inspire Y/N to do his best today. All the people he met in the academy throughout these past few months have changed him for the better, and with it, he knew he had everything he needed to deliver the best performance he could ever give.

Theatre Hallways, one more performer before Y/N and Chaewon's turn

Only one more performer is left before Y/N and Chaewon goes to the stage. The two of them were walking together fully dressed up and ready.

Y/N can't help but admire Chaewon's look for the evening as she wore a matching mint green dress with accessories that made her look all the more radiant. On the other hand, Chaewon never expected him to look as handsome and dignified in his simple gray suit and tie, with his hair done in a fashionable manner fit for tonight's performance.