Yena Part V: Rondo

Rondo - a musical pattern that indicates a return of an essential part of the piece

Banpo Hangang Park, near Han River

It was a bright afternoon weekend before the week of the music festival, as Y/N, Yena and Yujin decided to hold a picnic there together. The three were in the middle of celebrating something, as they prepare to have a pleasant lunch together.

"Yena please, you can let go of my arm now, I'm trying to help Yujin set up our table." Y/N told her.

"No, just let me keep doing this, Y/N. Just leave Yujin to prepare for everything. I wanted to stay like this for the whole day." Yena answered, while still clinging tightly on him.

"Hey, get a room you two, especially you, unnie. Just because you were both older than me doesn't mean you're not going to help me today." Yujin said as she tries to separate them, only for Yena to tighten her grip on Y/N.

"Quit acting like a child, Yena. Now come on, the sooner we finish this, the more time you could have doing what you want later, okay?" Y/N said as she finally let go of him.

After a few minutes, the three were able to set up their picnic table, along with all of the food they have. Once done, Yena resumed her cuddling position with Y/N, as the latter can only sigh as she kept on clinging to him.

"This is the first time I've seen you this affectionate, Yena. I mean, we've been friends for a long time, and yet, you've never shown me this side of you before." Y/N said.

"You can only blame yourself for that, Y/N-oppa. Ever since you confessed to her a few days ago, I never expected unnie to have this side of her until now. It feels weird though, seeing her like this." Yujin teased, as Yena stuck out her tongue in reply.

"I know, but I wouldn't have it any other way. From now on, she's everything to me." Y/N said. When she heard this, Yena gave him a quick peck on the lips, as Yujin felt disgusted at the sight of the two.

"That's right, unnie. Keep rubbing salt on me just because I'm still single will you?" She angrily said.

"You'll find your own one day, Yujin-ah. As for me, Y/N is more than I need right now. Plus, he managed to do something very thoughtful for me, which gives me all the more reason to love him." Yena said playfully, as Y/n simply gave her a smile.

"I must agree. I just never expected her to make that last minute decision though." Y/N said as he remembered what happened in the past three days.

Flashback, School Rooftops, three days ago

Yena felt hurt by the sudden news about Yuri's departure. She didn't know what to do to somehow convince her to stay. She felt betrayed that she's been keeping it a secret from her, her own best friend, after everything she did to help clear out their misunderstanding yesterday. Knowing this, Yena felt lost, as she realized that in just a few days from now, her closest friend will leave her behind.

As she was doing nothing but stare at the clear skies while pondering what to do next, she didn't notice Y/N when he came to follow her. He sat beside her, but he said nothing to her at first, letting her calm herself before the two were finally ready to talk. Once Yena smiled at him, Y/N knew that this would be the perfect time to tell her the truth.

"Yena, first of all, I'm truly sorry about the misunderstanding between Yuri and I. She told me already that she already told you everything, and that I don't need to say anything else. But still, I felt the need that I too, needed to tell you the fact that there's really nothing going on between us, and that is the truth."