Chaewon Part II: Cantata

Cantata - a musical work done by a solo singer with their feelings highlighted by an instrumental accompaniment

The day of the concours draws near, as Y/N and Chaewon spent the past few weeks perfecting their chosen piece. At first, the two of them encountered small difficulties, as it is rare for someone to enter such as contest with a vocalist accompaniment. Chaewon did her best to adjust to Y/N's pace, all the while making most of her vocal range and experience from the School Choir as basis for her solo parts. Y/N, meanwhile, was already familiar with the piece; all he had to do was to ensure that he won't make mistakes every rehearsal, while practicing his posture and stage presence.

For their last week of practice, they toned down their rehearsals to a minimum, so as not to overexert themselves and not cause further stress to Chaewon's voice. The two were finally confident that they can deliver a very fine performance during the Nationals, if not to win it altogether.

Academy Rehearsal Room, 2 days before the concours

The two of them made one final rehearsal for that day, as they both agreed to lessen their time of practice in order to mentally prepare themselves. They performed the piece in front of Wonyoung, as she was in awe on how far the two have come to play in such a level.

"So Wonyoung, How was it?" Y/N said as he lets Chaewon rest after they finished the piece.

"Um, Wonyoung? Is everything okay?"Chaewon asked her worryingly.

The giant baby was still stunned on the performance she heard just now, as she finally was able to say something.

"It......was.......PERFECT! I'm really happy that you've managed to perform it so well, Y/N-oppa, Chaewon-unnie. If you would play like this, there's definitely a big chance that our school can win it this year!" She said excitedly, making the two of them laugh at her reaction.

"Thanks, Wonyoung-ah. I wouldn't be so hasty about winning just yet, but I'm certain we would do well enough for us to perform something me and Chaewon would be proud of." Y/N said.

"Very humble, aren't we Y/N? Well, that's fine with me, after all, that's one of the things I like about you." Chaewon said, making her blush in embarrassment after realizing what she told him just now.

"Woah, I never thought you would be this direct, Chaewon-unnie."Wonyoung said as she tries to tease her unnie.

"All right, enough you two. By the way, Wonyoung, I noticed that Hitomi hasn't come to watch us practice lately. Is she busy?"

"Oh, about that, oppa. Hitomi was asked by our club advisor to fill in for Chaewon-unnie, at least until the time of the concours ends. She's playing the role of lead singer for the choir right now, so she's a lot busier than the rest of us."

"I see. Well I have to thank her and our club, even you Wonyoung, for doing your best, especially since we're not able to help you out during these past few weeks." Y/N said as Chaewon agreed with him.

"You're right. Once the contest is over, we'll be back to our club activities again especially when we have to prepare for our school's Music Festival a few months from now."

"Yes, unnie. But you two should worry about the concours for now, there would be plenty of time for us to practice for the festival later." Wonyoung said as the three of them agree.

The three of them then left the practice room as they prepare to go home together.

Academy School Gates, that same evening

Hitomi started to feel restless during these past few weeks. She is struggling whether to continue supporting Chaewon's relationship with Y/N, or to be more true to herself and to follow her own heart. She knew that if she chose the latter, it would cause grief for her unnie and possibly strain their friendship for who knows how long. But if she chose the former, she had the feeling that she might regret it forever once the two of them finally get together.