chapter 4

"It's Merlin sir, mrs. Asola has arrived your new assistant" Merlin stated smiling at Aylin who had her eyes fixed on the door.

"Oh come in come in" her new boss said more cheerfully than before.

The big doors opened wide allowing the two adults to come in. The office wasn't that much of different than hers, it was bigger and the windows were actually huge that you can see almost the whole city through them.

Aylin kept looking around until her ocean eyes met golden ones, the same man who helped her then ditched her a week ago was standing in front of her with his usual smug smile.

"You can go now Merlin, I'll take it from here thank you!" Hawks thanked the brown haired man, Merlin nodded and obeyed his orders leaving the red winged hero with the white haired girl.

"I'm Asola Aylin, nice to meet you sir I'm looking forward to work with you" she bowed introducing herself as polite as possible so she can leave a good first impression.

"Now now don't be like that we already know each other so drop being so formal" he smiled mentioning for her to take a seat, nodding to his request she did as she was told.

There was silence between them, both of them not knowing what to say or how to even start a conversation which got Aylin to be a little anxious but soon enough Hawks opened his mouth letting the words drop out of it.

Part of Aylin was glad he did but the other part wasn't. "Sorry about last week I was caught up with hero work on my way and I couldn't make it on time but still went there anyways, but you were already gone I don't blame you tho you've the right to be mad I'm sorry"

Aylin was shocked from what she was hearing, so he didn't ditch me on purpose after all huh.

She sighed at the thought feeling ashamed of herself a bit.

"No it's not your fault, you couldn't help it so I understand" she said not making an eye contact with him.

"Even if you say so I still can't forgive myself-" "like I said I don't hold it against you"

'At least not anymore' she thought before adding. "So forget it and don't blame yourself it's not a big deal it's in the past now so you can just let it go"

'You little liar, we both know that even it's in the past doesn't mean it's not part of you anymore-'

A voice echoed in her head bringing sad memories the girl almost forgot about but was cut off by Hawks who went back to his usual childish self.

"Well then let me make it up to you, maybe treat you or something how about that?"

"You're not a good listener are you? You seriously don't have to, you're my boss you're not supposed to give me anything but orders" she sighed crossing her arms.

"No sense, but if you wanna have it that way then I order you to go out with me"

"You won't leave me alone until I say yes will you?"

"You guessed it right" he chuckled then added "so will you go on a second date with me" his voice switched once more but this time to a serious tone.

"a no isn't an option, and there's no way to escape from this now that you're my boss so technically you already know my answer"

"Oh come on just spill it out"

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you"

Hawks smiled feeling proud of himself, but he found himself locked up in his thoughts as he stared at the female figure in front of him.

Aylin obviously noticed but said nothing and waited for him to speak up his mind but again she wasn't the most patient person.

Hawks stood up from his seat and approached her sitting on the coffee table that was in front of her, to take a good look at her.

"What are you staring at, it's rude" she asked him frowning not knowing where the hell this is going.

"Are you by any chance Endeavor's secret love child" he asked seriously curiosity taking the best of him.

Aylin stared at him in disbelief, with wide eyes and ARE-YOU-FUCKING-SERIOUS kind of look.

"I mean you act like him, socially awkward and has his eyes color which is a plus" he pointed out with his hands behind his head.

"But I believe you're his actual daughter cuz you have the same hair color as his wife" he added.

"NANI???!! ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING" he shrugged not breathing another word, just waiting for her answer patiently.

'Are you kidding me he can't be seriously serious'

"And what are you? a chicken goes around fooling others being a hawks and living this lie until you believed it yourself"

.

.

.

Both of them stared at each other in disbelief then out of nowhere a war announced between them.

"IT'S ON" both of them yelled at each other staring deeply into each other's eyes not blinking, that was until their eyelids grew tired and both of them started blinking at the same time making them break into laughter.

It was the first time for Aylin to laugh, it was so long that she didn't recognize her own laugh, it wasn't a new feeling but it felt weird and nice at the same time.

For the first time in forever she tasted the most overwhelming feeling as humans call it happiness.

☆SKIP TO THE DATE (AT SOME POINT NOT FROM THE BEGINNING)☆

How did I end up here like this

Aylin thought to herself as she fell from the collapsing building, her body was approaching the ground slowly.

It was a matter of seconds until death greet her with open arms.

5 seconds left

4

3

2

"HAWKS"