chapter 7

"Hmm? What are you talking about? I'm fine but what about you? How are you holding up?" I asked her changing the subject as I forced a smile.

She annoyingly sighed as she glared at me. So she didn't buy it huh, that's a first no one ever saw through me.

"I'm good I guess just tired, how is my condition?" She asked still looking at me with the same usual emotionless face.

I sighed remembering her smile from earlier, I wish can see it again.

"You're actually good to go, we were just waiting for you to wake up to see how you are holding up-"

"Well then let's go" she cut me off as she started to take off the needles I quickly sat on her bed grabbing her shoulders holding her back.

"Hold on a second Aylin let a doctor sees you first then I'll take you home ok?" She sighed again but nodded in defeat, I smiled at her and patted her head.

"...could you get off of me now?" She asked slightly frowning, it took me a good minute to realize that I was way too close to her face with my hands on her shoulders and well I was kinda sitting on her lap?

I quickly jumped off the bed and stood up straight slightly flustered and I could see from the corner of my eyes that she was too which made me extra flustered but also think that she's extra cute that wa- wait the fuck I'm thinking?

I cleared my throat and started talking "well..um I'll go and bring the doctor don't do anything dumb while I'm gone I'll be right back" without making an eye contact I walked out.

"Yeah.." I heard her say before walking farther.

•Time skip•

"Andd off you go chickadee" I said cheerfully as always as I put her down after i landed on her balcony.

"Take a good rest and sleep tight I'll see you tomorrow" I was about to take off when she grabbed the hem of my jacket stopping me from flying.

I was confused at her sudden actions so to make things clear I asked her. "What is it chickadee"

"Come in"

"Huh?"

"I said come inside I'll make dinner"

I was surprised, she changed or maybe she's just not the person I thought she is. "You don't really have to-"

"I wasn't really asking, your wings my be healed but you're still tired so it's better if you rest before you go home unless you wanna die then go ahead besides the day isn't done yet and we haven't gone to our date sooo"

She cut me off again with a small smirk on her face, she turned around and opened the balcony door and stepped inside. "But if you don't want to then I won't force you to anything-"

"N-no I would love to" this time it was me who cut her off. "Then you're welcome to come in, feel yourself at home...Hawks" she smiled, the same smile from before but not weak.

I felt myself getting warm but I got back to my normal senses when I stepped inside her room, it was dark so I couldn't see anything.

I saw Aylin opining the door then turned on the lights, I felt it wrong to look around girls room so I just walked faster to the hallway.

I followed her to the kitchen and sat down on the chair putting my hands on her small dinning table.

"So what would you like to eat?" She asked not looking at me but paying her full attention on what she have in her fridge. "Chicken please"

"Huh? You eat your own kind? What are you? a cannibal?" She turned her head and look at me with the weirdest expression I've ever seen which I found hilarious and adorable at the same time.

Bursting out laughing I made my way towards her. "How mean chicken nugget-"

I stopped when I saw her stepping away from me pointing a knife at me i tilted my head in confusion.

"You..are..not gonna..eat..me right?" She asked slightly shaking. "Huh? Why would I?"

"You just called me chicken nugget and not a minute ago you said you eat chicken!!"

"Ahh I see, sorry for scaring you but no I won't eat you I promise even though you look delici-"

Not letting me finish my sentence she put the knife right in front of my eyes ready for killing me any second. Kinky are we now huh?

"I was joking with you I promise"

"You promise you won't hurt me"

"I promise I won't, and I won't let anyone lay a finger on you in attempt to hurt you"

"Fine then, about  dinner how about Turkey?" She asked backing away from me. "Fine by me but let me help you" she nodded and we started cooking together which let me tell you it was in fact unbelievably fun, and the meal was delicious.

.

.

.

"So tell me about you, your family hobbies and stuff" I started as i sipped my tea. "Hawks you're my boss, you were the one who hired me so i know for sure you searched up for all my information"

Hmm Not bad, she's smart but still there's something I don't understand and in attempt to know I need her to talk it out.

"You got me there! But still I wanna get to know you like normal people do" I stated as I sipped more of my tea.

"Besides I don't know anything of what happened to you before you were 18, like what happened to your parents or where you were born"

I looked up to see her staring at her tea, she looked sad so sad like life pulled out of her fragile body.

Shit I went too far

"Aylin I-"

"They're dead, all of them, my mom, my dad my brother and even my best friend. There was a villain attack and the heros were too late, I was useless I couldn't do anything I don't have a quirk so what could have I possibly done to protect them? I ended up being the cause of their death because they had to protect me"

"I'm sorry but it's not your fault-"

"It is"