chapter 8

I felt my heart breaking into pieces as I heard her story, that accident must have affected her so much that she ended up like this.

She lost all her family and ended with no one.

She was fighting all alone this world and to make it worse she doesn't have a quirk.

Villains are all around, she must have been scared no terrified anyone would, but still there's something off.

Who are you really Aylin?

"I don't wanna talk about it any longer so just forget it ok" she cleared her throat snapping me back to reality.

She was shaking a bit trying so hard to hold back tears and her eyes were fixed on the floor.

She was trying to come back to her normal senses and act all strong in front me.

I felt my chest squeezed at the sight of her broken, even tho she's so cold but I liked that side more than this.

I stood up quickly making the chair fall down and her to finally look up at me.

Her eyes were watery.

I grabbed her hand and ran towards her room. "W..what are you doing?" I ignored her and opened the balcony door and jumped.

"H..HAWKS" she screamed as we were close to hit the ground.

I pulled her body towards mine and held her bridal style and flew in the sky.

"You're insane" she mumbled under her breath as her grip tightened, I looked down at her to see her shaking and her eyes closed.

"Now now don't be afraid chicken nugget I won't drop you" I said pulling her closer if that was possible.

I came to stop in the middle of the sky, where the stars shined the most. "You said you loved stargazing and the sky at night, also you could stare at the stars forever without getting bored. That was written in your file if that was true how about you open your eyes"

I stated but still she wouldn't open her eyes. "You won't regret it I promise" I whispered in her ear making her open her eyes.

I stared at awe as the wind played with her silver hair messing it around and her clear crystal eyes sparkling as soon as they met the small million diamonds in the sky.

"W..wow"

"Amazing isn't it?"

"Yeah"

"Why do you like the stars so much anyway?"

"My mom once told me that when someone dies they turn into a star in the sky however the star will lose its brightness when we forget about them but if we kept remembering them they'll shine brighter than ever and protect us from up there"

"Hmm interesting what about your necklace?"

She stared at her necklace and started playing with it.

"My mom gived it to me before she died, I never take it off it makes me feel safe and that she's beside me" she smiled sweetly as she explained

(This reminds me of my new three moms for some reason Mama_bear123 xXThotsuki-BakuhoeXx Silver_Mist79 and a shoutout to my biological mom)

I gived her a sad smile. "It's pretty Aylin" I complemented chuckling.

For some reason She didn't say anything but kept staring on me. "What is it?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing I was just thinking that this isn't the first time you called me with my first name"

Thinking about it I indeed have, I didn't notice its just slipped from my mouth.

"Oh I'm sor-"

"Don't be! It's fine, I would rather people call me with my first name so it's  fine"

I smiled at her and nodded. "Speaking of which your name means love"

"How so?"

"The first part of your name, Ay, means love right?"

She giggled and shook her head. "Unfortunately it's not, it isn't Japanese given name, in fact it's originally Turkish,'Ay' itself means 'moon' and my full name means 'moon halo' or 'the one tha belongs to the moon'" she explained while I just muttered an oh.

"It's still a pretty name"

"Thank you" she said yawning her eyes starting to close. "How about I get you home it's late" I suggested and she nodded.

Once I landed I noticed that she has already fallen asleep deciding not to wake her up I tucked her into her bed and left.

•the next day•

It was 9:34 and Aylin hasn't shown up yet which was extremely odd. I called her few times but she didn't answer.

At first I thought she slept in that was until Merlin came to my office. "Sir, you've a meeting in an hour" I was confused it was Aylin's job to tell me what my schedule for today would be.

"Where's Aylin isn't she supposed to be here?" I asked as profficial as possible.

"Oh she called saying she can't make it today, there has been an emergency at her house"

"What do you mean?"

"As from what I've understood someone broke into her house"

"WHAT!!"

Aylin's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, for the first time I wake up in a good mood, at first I was confused as to how I got here but assumed that Hawks sent me back home.

My thoughts got interrupted when I felt wind blowing on my face, I jolted awake and looked around me to only see my balcony is slightly open and the floor soaked wet.

It was raining but still that doesn't explain why the whole floor is so wet or why my balcony door was opened in the first place.

I slowly picked up the only weapon that I had in my room, the biggest makeup brush I had.

Carefully I slowly walked out of my room and started walking around my apartment to only see it's a mess.

What the-

My phone started ringing I picked it up from the dining table to see the name of the contact. Merlin

Why is he calling me?

I checked the time and saw that I was late for work.

Damn it

I answered and put the phone on my ear.

"Goodmorning Asola-San. I called to check on you-"

"Um yeah hi, I'm sorry Merlin for the trouble but I can't come today. It's really an emergency someone just broke into my house-"

I immediately cut him off but was also cut off by the sound of footsteps behind me.

"Hello? Asola-San are you still there? Is Everything alright? should  I call the poli-"