Extra 4 - Origins Lore

I left the end of the story kind of hanging, didn't I? For those of you who wanted some questions answered (mostly Ex), here's a chapter to hopefully solve those.

How does the Infinity Portal work?

The Infinity Portal basically acts like the Hermits' way of moving to a new season. It's very unpredictable--it can look like any portal and can appear at any time. The Hermits usually only see its true form when they go to a new season.

How does traveling across worlds/seasons work?

Basically, the Infinity Portal appears whenever they go to a new season. Over time, people like Xisuma start to know when it'll appear and let everyone know so they can get prepared. It's also worth noting that Cleo is always the last person to step through the portal.

What happened to Ex and Wels?

They're still in the original world! Wels set out to find the rest of the ice kingdom, and eventually, he did. Ex is still stuck in the mountains after everyone left. The Infinity Portal does appear to both of them when the time comes--Wels to reunite with Stress, and Ex to reunite with his brother. Ex's events then follow what happens canonically in Hermitcraft, around Season 3 I believe.

Are the Evolutionists dead?

Yes. It wouldn't make sense to put Grian through all that trauma and make it seem like it was his fault that they're dead when in reality they were just moved to a new world. Evo was completely destroyed along with its inhabitants. Grian occasionally uses his magic to go back there when he misses them the most, but over time he comes to terms with their loss.

What about the mention of the Infinity Portal in Season 6? Is it the real one or a recreation?

It's a recreation. Basically, Doc's goal in Area 77 was to recreate the portal that has been a part of their story since the beginning. When he steps through the portal, it's up to you what happens next.

After Origins, what happens?

After this story, the canon timeline of Hermitcraft happens. Since Hermits come and go through the seasons, I picture some of them--like Stress and Grian--going back to their original worlds and fixing things back then. Then they appear back in their respective seasons.

When people leave HC, I imagine they have other worlds to get to, or their "Hermitcraft chapter" has ended. Of course, some people like Wels come back, but others leave for good.

»»----- ★ -----««

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! A quick heads-up, I may sound like I developed this lore over months of work, but to be honest, I spent more time on Above and Below's lore than this, which I'm making up from the top of my head.

And if you made it to the end, thank you so much for reading this story, whether you just found it or are coming back to this new update. I really appreciate all the support while this has been in the works, and it feels weird to finally wrap it up after 8 months.

It's been a fun one, though, and I'm excited to see what happens next.