Chapter 5: Last minute party

"Thank you for coming over on such a short notice." Blaive said as he saw us out.

I grinned and showed him a peace sign, "It's alright, I missed seeing you so this was nice and remember to introduce us to your fiancée!!"

Blaive nodded, ears turning red at the word 'fiancée'. How cute he was. His fiancée must be lucky to have been engaged to someone like him. Unlike me...

I glanced over at Phillip. He noticed my gaze and turned to me, showing me a charming smile. "What is it?"

I scrunched up my nose in disgust, "Nothing."

I hope I can find someone better than this two face prince.

"You just thought how unlucky you are to be engaged to me didn't you?" he said with a smile but I knew it was a fake one.

I snickered, "Of course not your highness!! I am soooo happy to be engaged with you!" I sarcastically said.

"Oh I see~ I am too." he smiled, lifting his hand up and touched my cheek before pinching it, hard.

"Ow ow ow! How many times did I tell you not to do that?!" I glared, shooting a small water ball at him but he swiftly dodged it.

Blaive sighed, watching us once again bicker before we finally left the residence.

A month goes by when suddenly Phillip came over without warning.

"What do you want Phillip?" I rudely asked once I came into the waiting room he was in.

"Lilyana tonight you have to follow me." Phillip said urgently.

I cocked my head to the side, "Why? What's happening tonight?"

He sighed, messing up his neatly side parted styled hair. He often does this when something was wrong.

"My mother wants me to go to this party which is tonight and she only told me today."

"Okay..and why am I involved in this?"

Phillip sighed again, "She wants you to be there as well."

"Of course she would..." I mumbled.

"Alright, I will go get ready. What time will you come and pick me up?"

"7 p.m. sharp." Phillip answered back, checking his watch to make sure.

I looked at the clock in the room. I had around six hours to get ready. "Alright, see you then."

"Thanks Lily, I owe you one." Phillip muttered. A nickname that wasn't often used.

I smirked, "You bet you do."

Phillip immediately left back to the palace to get ready as well and I informed all the maids about this sudden event.

"My, how long has it been since you and his highness went to an event together?" one of the maids said excitedly as she brushed through my hair.

"Almost a year if I recall." I said, my eyes closed as I let the maids help me get ready.

"It's been so long!" one of the maids gasped.

I chuckled, "It can't be helped. His highness has a lot of things to do."

"Don't worry milady, we will make you the most beautiful lady at the party!!"

I smiled, "I'll be counting on you all once again."

The time for Phillip to pick me up rolls by and just like he said, at 7p.m. sharp, he was in front of the residence.

"Sorry if I kept you waiting, your highness."