Chapter 30: The end?

He stared at me, bewildered by my sudden slap. "...Lily..are you crying?"

I glared at him, tears welling up in my eyes, "So what if you couldn't protect me for the previous times? Man up and protect me now! I'm still here living because of you! So quit pondering over the past and start looking at the present!!"

Once I was done talking, I was panting heavily after talking a mouthful of words, wiping my tears away. Phillip didn't speak back, only staring at me with wide eyes.

"Lily.."

I look down at the ground, "..I understand the feeling of being unable to look at anything other than the past and regret about the things you could have done instead but-" I gazed up at him with determined eyes,

"-everything happens for a reason doesn't it? Like how we met."

Softly, I smiled at him, "So stop thinking about how you couldn't have done this and that. What you want to do in the past can be done in the present."

I extend my hand once again, waiting for him to take my hand. Phillip looked at me then back at my hand before a defeated smile came on his face. Brushing his fingers through his hair, he tittered lightly as he took hold of my hand.

"No matter what you always know what to say huh Lily."

I grinned at him, "Thank you for the compliment. Now let's go-"

Suddenly Phillip shouted, "Lily!"

He released his hand from mine and pushed me away. Not enough time to think, I fell to the ground with a thump. My back stung but I didn't notice it right away because in front of my sight, I see Lucy on her feet with Phillip's back in front of her as she stabbed him in the heart.

All colour drained from my face as I shakily gasped out his name, "....Phillip..?" his face showed how much agony he was in but he didn't cry out only gritting his teeth to hold in the pain.

"I'll...bring you down..with me as well..!" she choked out before falling back to the ground, lifeless like before.

Phillip groaned loudly as he fell to the ground, his right hand pressed on his chest, trying to stop the bleeding to no avail. I ran towards him, falling to his side, trying my best to save him.

Unable to keep myself calm, I blurted out anything that came into my mind at that moment, "Phillip you're going to be okay. They're coming. They'll be here soon so please don't fall asleep. Keep your eyes open. Look at me okay? Keep your eyes on me Phillip."

He looked at me. His bright pink eyes now looking cloudy and his pinkish lips turning dull. He looked like he was about to fall asleep anytime soon. Shaking him, I desperately cried out,

"Don't fall asleep! Stay up! Please stay up! Don't sleep! Please!"

Before I could say more, his left hand shakily rested on my cheek. I grasped his hand in mine as I stared down at him.

"...I'll be..fine..I'm feeling quite...tired for..now...." he whispered, his eyes slowly closing before reopening them again.

I furiously shook my head, "No you can't. Until the teacher arrived. Keep your eyes open for me."

Phillip let out a strained chuckle, "Lilyana...I won't be gone..I promise."

"Don't say anything. Just focus on keeping your eyes open."

He weakly shook his head before a smile crept onto his smile, "Lilyana I....I finally...got to protect...you.."

"Phillip?" I called out, my blood running cold in fear.