Chapter 21: Odd

A week goes by and I was finally able to go back to classes. Catherine was still worried but I promised her I was doing alright. My mind was still a mess as I kept recalling yesterday's events.

"Ugh I hate this.." I mumbled to myself as I headed over to the classroom. Standing in front of the door, I took in a deep breath before pushing it open.

Seeing that he hasn't arrived yet made me sigh with relief. "Are you going in?"

I jumped slightly before turning my head behind. "..Good morning Phillip."

"Good morning. Did you rest well?" he asked.

"Uh yeah."

'How is he acting like nothing happened yesterday??'

He nodded and gently smiled, "Good. Don't push yourself too hard."

He walked past me and headed to his seat while I stood there, dazed. Did Phillip just smile warmly at me...?

We didn't have our usual bicker or any of the things we used to do. Instead he was acting differently. He took my bag for me, waited for me to walk out first before him, acting nice and kind to me. It weirded me out. I don't know if I prefer this sudden attitude change or he acted like nothing happened between us.

"Cath, don't you think it's weird?" I asked her as we ate our lunch.

She shrugged, "Not really, doesn't he act the same?"

I shook my head, hitting my fists on the table, "He isn't! Today we didn't have our usual morning and afternoon bicker! Not only that he didn't try to pinch my cheeks or insult me! What's worse is that he didn't try eating my lunch!" I exclaimed but Catherine had a done look on her face.

"Isn't that good? That just means he's trying to treat you better, after all he likes you." she bluntly replied, taking a bite of her dessert.

My ears flushed red before shaking my head, "But it feels weird."

"Do you hate it?" she asked.

"I hate that I can't argue with him." Catherine sighed at my answer but I continued on speaking,

"I like how our relationship was. Everyday was always fun because of those little things.."

Remembering the times where we would have challenges against each other, falling asleep under a tree together, teasing and bickering for fun. A smile found its way onto my face as I continued reminiscing the past.

Catherine didn't say anything, only looked at me.

"That's why," I turned to Catherine and beamed, "I prefer that type of relationship that we had."

"If that's what you want, I don't mind." I heard Phillip talking behind me.

"Phillip?! How long have you been standing there?" I asked, caught off guard.

He smiled and took a seat beside me, "Since you said you hated that you couldn't argue with me."

"And you never said anything?" I frowned, looking away.

"It was entertaining and this is much better than trying to act nice to you." Phillip said as he stretched his arms.

I rolled my eyes turning back at him, "Then why did you do that?"

He shrugged, "Thought you would like that more."

I showed him a disgusted face, "That is the dumbest thing you have thought of Phillip."

He grinned, leaning closer to my face. "So you mean to say you prefer me as I am?"

I immediately backed away, glaring at him. "Stop coming so close to me. It's annoying."

He smirked, leaning forward again, "Like this?"

I showed him my fist, "I will punch you."

He hummed, shaking his head, "There's no way you will-"

I slammed my fist into his cheek. "Oops I accidentally moved my fist!" I gasped.

Phillip glared at me, using light magic to heal his bruise. "You dare hit your fiancé, who is the crown prince!?"

I stuck my tongue out, snickering away, "That is your fault for provoking me, your highness."

I lightly giggled, nodding to myself, "I prefer us like this."

Phillip stared at me before chuckling under his breath. There was a pained expression on his face for a split second but I didn't realise it.

"Yeah."

-

I thought acting more like someone who wanted to court her would make her fall for me but it backfired. She felt uncomfortable and confused. My frustrations were slowly increasing as time goes by but after what that forest king did to her, I'm reaching my limit.

I want her to be all mine. Nobody will be able to take her away from me then. Not even that forest king. I want her to only look at me with those bright sparkly eyes. I hate it when she ignores me and doesn't give me her attention. Having these thoughts made me feel like an attached puppy.

I want to tell her how much I liked her over and over again until she gets sick of it but if it makes her stop smiling and not acting like how she is in front of me then I rather not. I would swallow my feelings, locking it up deep inside my heart.

Her happiness is mine. Even if it meant falling into ruin for her happiness. I would do it as many times as needed.

"Why not use another method?" Ralph said to me after he noticed how lost in thoughts I was after what had happened. After Lilyana became friends with him and brought him into our circle of friends, we all got along easily with him.

"What is it?" I asked, interested. I didn't have anything to lose.

Ralph smiled and told me the method. "Since you already tease her a bit, just do it more often but subtly so it won't make her uncomfortable."

"How will that work?"

"I don't know if you've noticed but she is a bit aware of you now so doing this type of action will make her more aware of you." he explained.

I pondered over it. Truly it didn't sound too bad after all I only needed to do things I did more and just had to make it slightly obvious. I know Lilyana isn't a dense lady so she would understand my actions quite fast.

"I'm sure Lilyana knows you like her as well." Ralph added on making me nearly fall off my chair.

"W-wh..what?!"

Ralph nodded, adjusting his glasses, ignoring my surprised outburst, "It's pretty obvious, why are you so surprised?"

I sighed, pushing back my hair, "Am I that obvious?"

Ralph nodded, bluntly answering, "Yes."

I sighed once more but decided to look on the bright side, "If she knows then this method would be easier to do. Thank you for the method."

Ralph smiled and nodded, "I wish you the best. Hope you can get it through her."

I smirked, "Of course I can. I am the crown prince and her fiancé of 8 years."