Chapter 22: Real name

"These past few days, I noticed something different about Phillip." I said to Catherine who was sipping on her drink.

She laughed, "Again?"

I nodded, sighing, "Yeah. He seems to like skinship a lot out of sudden."

Catherine nearly choked on her drink as she heard my statement. "What?"

I was about to explain further when Phillip came along. I turned to her, "Look at this."

Phillip walked up to me and pulled me closer to him, snaking his arm around my waist. Holding my chin, he turns my face to him before a teasing grin made its way on his face, "Have you eaten?"

I side eyed to Catherine who had a mouth open in shock. I sighed and looked back at him before pinching his side. "Greet me properly next time and yes I already ate with Cath."

Phillip didn't care that I had pinched him only leaning closer. "Next time eat with me."

"Okay. Let me know when then I will." I answered with an indifferent expression.

Phillip sighed, rolling his eyes, "At least give me more reactions." he grumbled, moving away from me but left his arm around my waist.

I stared at it but said nothing. Phillip seemed to have noticed that and smiled, "Do you like this?"

"It's...comfortable." I awkwardly answered. I heard him laughing before removing his arm.

"I haven't eaten so I will be going now."

"Okay, hope you choke on your food."

He turned to leave but quickly poke my cheek before running off. I glared at him before turning to Catherine who was still frozen in shock.

"See?" I said, folding my arms.

"...Has he gone insane?" Catherine asked once she finally snapped out of it.

I nodded, glad she agreed with me as well, "I'm pretty sure he has."

"Should we knock him out and try to cure him?" I mumbled.

"Lady Lilyana," a male voice spoke, walking towards Catherine and I.

"Yes. How may I help you?" I asked, wondering why this man was suddenly talking to me.

He seemed to be fidgeting around as if he was nervous of something. Lips quivering, he responded, "C-can you meet me at th..the alchemy room after lunch?"

I paused, "Is it important?"

"Y-yes!"

Catherine and I looked at each other. I turned back at him and nodded, "Alright."

He quickly bowed, "Thank you very much!" and hurried off to possibly the place he wished to meet at.

"Do you think he's confessing?" Catherine squealed, excited for what's to come.

I laughed, shaking my head, "No way. I have never talked or even met him until today."

Catherine puffed up her cheeks, "The possibility is there!"

I smiled before checking the time, "I still have a lot of time to spare before I need to meet him."

"Meet who?" Ralph asked from behind, startling Catherine and I.

"A boy is going to confess to Lily!" Catherine said, eyes beaming. She seems more excited about this than I am.

Ralph's eyes widen, covering his mouth, "What kind of taste does he have? I thought Phillip was the only one with bad taste.."

I punched him on the shoulder, "I heard that! And was this your doing? He keeps trying to have skinship almost every time now."

Ralph smiled, not afraid that he got caught, "Don't you feel something?"

I rolled my eyes, "I feel like he is a puppy who is needy for skinship."

Ralph laughed, "That's a pity for Phillip."

I shrugged, looking away, "I don't hate it though."

I could feel Catherine and Ralph's stare on me but I decided to ignore it, deciding to just head to the place earlier than asked. I knocked on the door before opening it. Nobody was inside the room other than one figure looking out the window.

"Miss Pratt?"

"You've come earlier than expected." she turned to me and smiled.

In my head it clicked, I had a small frown on my face, "Did you ask that person to bring me here?"

She nodded, walking towards me. I held my guard up, especially after she had poisoned me but she walked past me and to the door. I was confused at first but I heard the door locking.

"What are you doing? Unlock it!" I shouted but all I received back was a smile that made me feel uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." she said, holding a few pieces of my hair.

"What do you want?" I glared, slapping her hand away.

Lucy lightly caressed her hand. She didn't reply to me, only staring at her hand I had slapped. I gulped, wondering what she was thinking of.

She looked back at me and smiled widely, "I want to have a chat with you."

I felt goosebumps all over my skin, "Then why did you lock the door?"

"I said only wanted to talk to you. I can't let other people barging in on our conversation, Lady Lilyana- or should I say," an eerie smile was plastered on her face as her eyes bore into mine.

My face paled at her next word.

"Alice."

---

Author's note: I made this chapter really short for the next chapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) also thank you for 2k+ reads!