Chapter 20: First kiss

I was forced to stay in bed longer by both the healers and my friends. I wasn't allowed to even take a step because Catherine never left her eyes off me unless she had to leave for lessons. The teachers already heard what had happened so Catherine would give me everything I had missed for that day.

I was sitting on my bed, reviewing all the notes from the lessons I have missed when I heard a knock on the window. Placing my notes down on the bed, I slowly got up and walked over to the window.

Kyrillos was outside, pointing at the window, asking me to open it. I nodded, following his orders and opened the window. In a second, Kyrillos flew in and held me by the shoulders.

"You're finally awake! Do you know how worried I was!?" he shouted, lightly shaking me back and forth.

"S-sorry.."

"You should be, how could you make me, the forest king, worry about you!" he grumbled, folding his arms.

I had a sly grin on my face, "So the forest king was worried about me?"

Hearing my statement, he froze, his ears flushed pink. I laughed before tapping on his shoulder to make him look at me.

"Thank you for worrying about me, Kyrillos." I warmly smiled.

"...Yeah." he turned away.

I chuckled, walking back to my bed, reviewing my notes again. Kyrillos sat beside me, looking over at my notes but this time he didn't say anything and just watched me review through it. I felt his head lying on my shoulder as time passed and I heard soft mumbles coming out of his mouth. I left him on my shoulder, looking through the work I had to do for my lessons.

I felt Kyrillos moving around until he slowly fluttered his eyes open and looked up at me. I grinned, "Good morning sleeping beauty. Slept well on my shoulder?"

He yawned and moved away, "Sorry, looking at your notes were making me sleepy."

I shook my head, "It's alright, I just finished as well."

Kyrillos' eyes lit up and smiled, "You're already recovered right?"

I nodded, "I am but I was told to rest in bed for another few days since a bit of the poison was still in my body."

Kyrillos grinned before lifting me up with a simple swift. Surprised, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing myself closer to him so I wouldn't fall.

"Old man put me down!" I shouted but he didn't budge.

"The fairies are worried about you." he said.

I puffed my cheeks, shaking my head, "I'll visit later! Put me down at once, what if someone sees us!?"

"Did you forget people can only see me if I allow them?"

"Then I'll be floating in mid air!"

Kyrillos paused before nodding, "That's true,"

"So put me down-"

"Lilyana, how are you feeling?-" the door opened and stood there was Phillip.

He stared at me in confusion. He pointed at me and confusedly asked, "Why are you floating?"

I covered my face in shame, "I want to die..."

"Guess I have to reveal myself or else you'll look like an idiot." Kyrillos said, indifferent.

"Now you decide that!?" I frowned, glaring at Kyrillos, forgetting for a split second that Phillip still could not see him.

"Lilyana, who are you talking to?" Phillip asked, his eyes sharp and dangerous, ready to fight.