Chapter 9: Ending the deal?

I turned and walked away, my mood already plummeting to the ground. I felt someone grabbing my hand, preventing me from walking any further.

"Where are you going?" Phillip asked, not letting my hand go.

I scoffed to myself, now you only snap out of it when I want to be alone? I looked over at him and smiled. "Getting some fresh air." I removed his hand from my arm and continued walking away.

"I can follow-"

"No need." I cut him off, sounding more agitated than I wanted to.

He noticed my tone towards him. He frowned, "What's your problem?"

"Nothing. I just want some fresh air, your highness." I sent him another smile before walking away without looking back at him.

Walking out of the ballroom, I inhaled the fresh night air as it slowly calmed my nerves down. My mind was a mess. The heroine came way earlier than expected. This was not supposed to happen yet.

"Lily?" I hear someone calling me from behind.

It was Catherine. "Why are you out here Cath? Shouldn't you be with Blaive right now?"

She shook her head, "I saw you walking out. Phillip didn't seem to be in a pleasant mood either."

"Of course he wouldn't be.." I sighed to myself as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

Catherine held me by the shoulders, "What happened?"

"It's nothing....I'm just not feeling well.." I weakly smiled at her.

"Do you want to leave first? We can do that-"

I shook my head, stopping her sentence, "No, I just need to take a breather then I will be alright."

Catherine sighed at me, frowning, "Don't force yourself if you can't."

I chuckled, "I know. Let's go back, Blaive might be worried about you being out here too long."

"Blaive can wait, I'm more worried about you Lily."

"I'm fine Cath!" I smiled, pushing her in with me so we could go back to the ballroom.

"Alright but if you really can't, tell me." Catherine said again.

I laughed and nodded. Catherine was acting like a mother right now but it was nice to have her worry about me. As we walked back to the ballroom, I bumped into someone's shoulder.

"I am terribly sorry," I apologised before noticing it was Lucy Pratt that I had bumped into.

"It's alright," she replied back but before she continued walking past us, I heard her whisper to me, "We will be seeing each other more often anyway."

I whipped my head towards us but she was already walking away as if nothing had happened. I felt goosebumps on my skin.

"Lily? Is everything alright?" Catherine asked when she noticed I grew quiet.

I turned to her and nodded, "Y-yeah, let's hurry back to the ball."

After that encounter with the heroine, I could finally confirm that she too was not from this world and also knew the story. I felt a shiver run down my spine. This doesn't seem too good.

Catherine and I went back into the ballroom and met up with Phillip and Blaive immediately. Thankfully, the two didn't ask about our whereabouts and continued chatting till the ball was over. Catherine was with Blaive at the moment as they wanted to walk around and spend time alone.

They really were a cute couple, I wish nothing bad happens to them. Especially when that heroine of this story was also someone who wasn't from this world.

'If she ever does try to come in between them, I will not hesitate to bring her down.' I thought to myself, watching the water come out of the water fountain.

"Lilyana." I hear Phillip speaking to me.

I turned to him, standing face forward in front of him. He was now taller than ever, in a white suit, his blonde hair was styled neatly to the back, exposing his pale forehead. He truly looked like a male lead and a prince. Which is why I need to put a distance between us.

I, a duke's daughter who is also just a mob character meant to die and a male lead who was a crown prince as well were never meant to cross paths.

Even if I really wished for us to still be friends, it was a far away wish.

"Let's stop the deal Phillip." I said before he could continue speaking.

If he did, I don't think I would be able to say this. Phillip's face had a stunned look for a second before it darkened.

"Why?" he asked.

Why? That's a good question even I can't really explain. I opened my mouth about to give the reason when he closed my mouth. I blinked, I was about to tell you why and you closed my mouth??

"Mhet goh omf mi mfuutf (Let go of my mouth)." I tried to speak but it was all muffled.

"No. I will not let you break our deal." Phillip said.

I frowned, waiting for him to release his hold. When he finally did so, I spoke, "Why not!?"

"Do you have anyone you want to spend your life with?" Phillip calmly asked but he didn't seem calm as his foot kept tapping on the ground.

"...I don't..." I muttered. Even if I did lie, I know Phillip would want to know who he was.

"You can only break the deal if one of us finds the person we want to spend our life with. Did you forget that?" Phillip asked, one eyebrow raised up as he looked directly at me.

Averting my eyes away I answered him again, "...No.."

He let out a loud sigh, scratching the back of his neck, "I don't know what's gotten into you but we already made it this far with the deal. It's too late to back out now."

I kept my mouth shut not saying anything in return. Phillip had enough of my silence so he grabbed both of my cheeks and pinched it. I yelped in pain before twisting a bit of his skin on his arm causing him to hiss in pain.

"I told you not to do that!" I frowned but it faltered when I noticed Phillip smiling.

"There's the Lily I know."

My stomach churned causing me to bite my bottom lip before looking away. "I'm...I'm going back now!"

Before Phillip could say anything more, I was already running back to my room. Thank goodness for this dress being so easy to move in!

-

I watch as she runs away, never once tripping even when she's wearing high heels. I smiled at the sight of her figure before my smile disappeared off my face.

"Let's stop the deal Phillip."

Why? Why out of nowhere? We agreed eight years ago and now you want to stop? Curling my hands into fists, I clench my teeth tightly. I will not let you go Lilyana. Not when I finally came to terms with myself after so many years of denial. I won't let you slip out of my grasp.

---

Author's note: Ah young love ( ˘ ³˘)♥ HAHAH