038

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ THIRTY-EIGHT

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ THIRTY-EIGHT

HAULING SO MANY BOXES AND FURNITURE was a genuine workout. Misumi was debilitated, her muscles becoming sore merely by the number of items she had to carry.

It was indeed more than she could count, and it troubled her.

If her mother wanted time away from her father for just a little, then why in the hell did she bring so many things along with her for her stay at Misumi's house?

She didn't want to question her mother's doing or her marriage like Kuroo suggested, but it was her father too. Misumi believed she had a right to know why things suddenly fell apart, one thing parents seemed to neglect was the fact that their marriage also affects their children's thoughts and feelings too.

Misumi plummeted on her kitchen chair, sighing "I'm so glad we're done." She breathed, darting around the new decor throughout her home.

Her mother flashed her pearly whites "Don't you think things look so much better?" She joined Misumi at the kitchen table, placing two thermal mugs down in front the both of them.

She happily accepted the glassful of tepid coffee "God, I haven't had coffee in forever." Misumi grinned, inhaling the heavenly scent that brewed from the cup.

She never liked to admit it, but Misumi had somewhat of a caffeine addiction. There was just something so homely about soaking in a warm cup of coffee, it brought her back to the days when she used to live with her two parents.

She had stopped drinking it, subbing in warm cups of tea instead. But, it never gave her the same sensation that buzzed deep in her heart.

Her mother took a miniature sip, testing the waters "Right, I was surprised when I saw you didn't have any coffee grounds in your cabinet, I had to go buy some." She dimpled, arranging the mug down.

"I know, I just didn't want to keep drinking it." Misumi cupped her fist on the tiller of the mug "I swear, I used to drink it every day."

"Hmm, no wonder you're so short, it probably stunted your growth." Her mother joked.

Misumi gasped "Mom that's such a myth, coffee does not do that to you."

Or perhaps it was valid, she was a little on the short side for a girl her age. Almost everybody was taller than her, she absolutely despised it.

With the dainty height she maintained, retrieving items high up in cupboards were tough. She had to grab stools from her kitchen just to achieve the things she required.