5. Snow?!

Lucy woke up the next day curled up in between Edmund and Peter, with Susan next to Peter.

  She smiled as she remembered last nights pillow fight. It had been ages since they had a pillow fight together. Susan thinking it was to childish for her and Peter and Edmund being very busy with kingly duties.

       She heard a knock on the door and a familiar voice call, "Your majesties! Breakfast will be ready in 15 minutes!" 

      Mr. Tumnus! Lucy thought happily. 

  "Come on! Wake up! Breakfast in 15 minutes! Mr. Tumnus said so!" Lucy shook her siblings awake. 

     They stirred and opened their eyes. 

 "What time is it?" Susan yawned, stretching out her arms and accidentaly hitting Peter in the face. "Owww! Watch it Su!" Peter sat up. "It's 7:45, breakfast is in 15, get up!" Lucy tugged at her older brothers and sister. 

        "We're coming! We're coming!" Edmund groaned, sitting up. He was never a morning person.

       They got up and Edmund went to draw the curtains that covered the door to the balcony while the others headed for the door. 

        As he was drawing the curtains he froze.

    "Ed?" Peter asked, worridly. Edmund just stood there, curtains only a foot open, staring out.

         "Ed what's wrong?" Peter went to him and drew apart the curtains. When he did his eyes went wide. 

      Everything was white.

  A thick blanket of snow covered everything as far as they could see. 

        Peter turned to Edmund who had started to visibly shake. 

   "Susan, you and Lucy get ready and we'll meet you downstairs." Peter looked up at her, Lucy was already out so she didn't see Edmund shaking. "Don't tell Lucy yet." Peter warned. Susan nodded and left.

       "Ed? You all right?" Peter asked, leading Edmund to sit on the bed.

  Edmund nodded, hestitating before shaking his head. "No.... It's just that...... I have to go out later on for duties, but, the snow..............." His voice trailed off.  "I know, you can stay inside if you want. I'm sure Susan and I can take over some of your outside duties...I'm sure they'll understand................................. How bad was it?" Peter looked at Edmund with uncertainty in his his eyes. Edmund looked at him confused.

          "How bad was what?" He asked, frowning slightly.

     "The-the..........t-the d-dungeons?" Peter finally managed to choke out.  Edmund froze.  "Y-you don't have to tell me now if you don't want to-" Peter started. "No, it's fine." Edmund cut him off.

      Silence followed for a few minutes before Edmund spoke up again.

  "The dungeons were made out of ice, gates and all. Except for the shakles, they were made out of iron. I shared a cell with Mr. Tumnus till he was taken and turned into stone. The only times I left the cell was when she tortured me for information. I never told, the only think I answered was that I didn't know. The only time I told was when she was about to turn Xandar into stone. She turned him into stone anyway, asked me to choose whose side I was on. To make matters worse, not only was the entire castle made out of ice, it was also snowing...inside."  Edmund looked outside, the snow sparkling in the morning sun.

     The two were silent after this for quite a while.

 "Come on, we'd better get dressed and down to breakfast before Mr. Tumnus sends a search party!" Peter grinned. They both laughed. "Remember when we went out riding and we didn't get back for lunch and he sent a search party for us!" Edmund grinned. "Oh boy, do I! When we got back he was frantically dashing round the throne room! We got a right scolding from Susan if I remember rightly." Peter laughed.  "That's one of the upsides when having Mr. Tumnus as your royal steward, you can get some fun out him if you're late for a meal!" Edmund giggled.