9. Babysitting gone wrong.

"Do I have to look after them?" Edmund grumbled to Peter, as the two were alone in a room with the twins.  "Yes, you do. Susan and Queen Leah are busy with banquet and party planning, Lucy's caught up with a dress fittings and King Lune and I have a matter to attend to. Have fun!" Peter smirked, before leaving Edmund alone in the room with Avalanche. Lance had to patrol the woods so Avalanche was the only one with Edmund..... Besides the twins.

         It was the afternoon after the royal guests had arrived and Edmund had been forced to babysit the two baby princes.

        Edmund sighed as he looked at the crib were the two boys lay.

    "I don't know how your parents can tell you two apart, 'cause I certainly can't." He mumbled as he sat on the window seat next to the crib.

      What did King Lune say?....... I think he said Cor was the elder. To tell them apart... I think he said Cor was the quieter one of the two as well. Edmund thought, stroking Avalanche.

       "Well, parents can always tell the difference between their twins." Avalanche said, "It's what's fascinating about parents.... you'll understand one day when you get married and maybe have twins."

        "Married?! You've got to be joking! Lucy told me that Peter received marriage proposals the other day for me! I am certainly not getting married! At any time of my life!" Edmund exclaimed.

          "That's what they all say...."  Avalanche mumbled under his breath.

 "What am I supposed to do?! I'll be bored senseless if I don't find anything to do!" Edmund groaned.  Avalanche rolled his eyes. "How about you try reading?" He suggested, looking at the bookcase that was next to the window.

            "I suppose....." Edmund sighed as he got up, picked up some random book of the shelf, sat back down and started reading it.

       Avalanche left the room saying he was going to get some food to eat to help pass the time.

          As Edmund sat reading, something flashed by the window.  Startled he looked out but saw nothing.......except for a piece of paper stuck to the window.

        He opened the window and took it, looking around for what or who might have put it there.

  He sat back down and opened the parchment and his eyes went wide.....

     He looked outside and saw the snow swirling round, eventually forming a figure of Edmund's worse nightmare

     He looked outside and saw the snow swirling round, eventually forming a figure of Edmund's worse nightmare..... Jadis.

     That boy will die on the stone table.... as it's tradition.

  He gasped as pictures and memories swirled around in front of his eyes. Even the pictures in the book he was reading turned into pictures of her.

       All traitors deserve to die........ All traitors deserve to die.............

 These words repeated over and over in his head as he sank to the floor gasping.

    "Stop! Please stop!" Edmund mumbled, covering his ears with his hands.  The pages of the book magically flipped in front of him, giving him pictures of his past and certainly lots of pictures of him with her.

     The parchment fell from his hands and landed next to him where he could see it.

  "Just stop! Please! Stop it!" Edmund pleaded as invisible voices repeated over and over: "All traitors deserve to die.... All traitors deserve to die........The boy will die on the stone table.... All traitors deserve to die...."

      Sobbing, Edmund gasped and choked as he tried to block out the voices.

  A sudden burn in his chest as he gasped made his eyes go wide..........

      He couldn't breathe.........

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!!!!! (Even though it's not as long as the last ones)  A/N  The fancy line underneath the word 'Die' on the parchment is actually part of my signature.... I always underline my signatures like that. :) :) :)

      I'll update as soon as I can!!!! :) :) :) :)   (Word count: 692)

xxx Claire :)