19. Edmund?!

Edmund refused to look up at his siblings, who were obviously gawking at him, as he sat down at the dinner table next to Vania.

      "So, I see Vania has persuaded you to try wearing the protectors suits." Mai said, addressing Edmund.

    He just nodded.

 An awkward silence settled as nobody knew what to say. 

    Peter glanced up at Edmund who just sat there head done and playing with his food.

       "Eat Ed."

   The words slipped out of his mouth before he knew it.

     Edmund's head snapped up as he looked at Peter.

       "Not hungry." Edmund mumbled, looking back down at his plate.

    Peter sighed and started toying with his food as well.

      "So, Princess Vania. How did you find Edmund?" Susan asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

    "Well, I..." Vania looked at Edmund. He looked back and shrugged before keeping his head down again.

    "Well, here in the Ice Fairy Kingdom, even though we're protected by the fog barrier, we still know all that's going on outside. So I went out and found Ed in the forest with his horse, wolf, Arctic fox and puppy." Vania explained as best as she could.

    "PUPPY?!"

    All eyes turned to Edmund.

       "When did you acquire a puppy?" Peter asked.

   "Just before Vania found me." Edmund eventually answered.

       Peter sighed. "Talk to us Ed." He pleaded.

   Edmund stayed silent, refusing to look at anyone.

        "Why did you leave?" Lucy asked.

    Edmund looked up. "You all know why. Even King Lune and Queen Leah knows why?!" He burst out, pushing his plate away.

   "Ed, they'll accept you eventually -" Susan started.

        "NO! They'll never accept me. I'll always be the traitor, the boy who doesn't deserve to be king. They'll always hate me! I'll always be the boy who betrayed his family to Her, who betrayed his little sister's friend for sweets, who betrayed the country he would end up ruling as King, who betrayed Aslan, who nearly sent his own family to their death! I'm always going to be the traitor, the outcast. I never belonged in Cair Paravel in the first place! I should have just refused the crown from the start. I never deserved to sit on that throne." Edmund shouted as he jumped to his feet, knocking his chair over in the process.

      "Ed -" Peter began.

  "No," Edmund cut him off, "You, and Susan and Lucy didn't have to forgive me. Nobody should have forgiven me! I deserved all those death threats! I deserve all those notes! I don't belong in Cair! And they're all right, I do deserve to die." Edmund rushed out the room.

    "Edmund?!" Vania and Peter jumped to their feet.

  "Vania, dear, Peter. Give him some space and time to cool off." Mai said gently, "He'll join us again at some point."

*~~**~~**~~*+*~~**~~**~~*

     Edmund slammed the door shut.

   He started punching anything he could get his hands on.

     "Ed?"

   Edmund spun round to see Lance, Avalanche and Thunder on his bed.

     Thunder jumped down and ran to Edmund, excited to see him.

   Edmund burst into sobs, sinking to the floor and cuddled Thunder, burying his face in the bronze-coloured fur.

    He suddenly jumped to his feet.

 "I'm going to the library..." He muttered, grabbing a cloak before racing off, closing the door behind him...

*~~**~~**~~*+*~~**~~**~~*

      "I'll go see if he's alright." Vania announced, standing up.

   It had now been three hours since Edmund had stormed out the dining room and everyone was now seated in a living room.

    "I'll come with you." Queen Leah said, handing Corin to his father.

   The two left and headed up to Edmund's room.

       "So, you like Edmund?" Queen Leah asked, a slight smile playing at the corners of her lips.

   "What?! I... I... fine... I do like him. But what if he doesn't like me back?" Vania confessed.

     "Well, from what I can make out, especially since you were the only one he's on good terms with, I could say he might like you." Queen Leah said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder.

    They reached Edmund's room and the sight that greeted them caused Vania to scream.

     "Edmund?!"

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

   Okay, so I FINALLY got this chapter out and sorry for the long delay... I had a bit of writers block.  (Word count: 757)

   Anyway, hope you enjoyed it! The chapter's more of a filler or an in between thing.... not one of my best ones but it'll do....

   Thank you so much for reading!! And I'll see you in the next chapter!!!:)

Claire :)