11) More Marriage Proposals

Edmund sat on a lounger in the drawing room that was placed next the the twins crib so that he could keep an eye on them. 

      He took no notice of Peter and King Lune who were discussing and writing goodness knows what

      He took no notice of Peter and King Lune who were discussing and writing goodness knows what.  He was so engrossed in his book he was startled when he heard Peter exclaim.

     "They are absolutely mad if they think I'm going to allow Edmund to marry his stuck-up daughter! She's two times his age! And they are absolutely insane! There is absolutely no way I'm allowing that!" Peter sounded really angry, as he went to fetch some more parchment to write a letter back to the persons he thought were absolutely mad.

     Edmund stood up and walked to the desk that Peter had just evacuated. He picked up the letter and read it, ignoring King Lune who was now watching him.

 He picked up the letter and read it, ignoring King Lune who was now watching him

         Edmund looked at the letter in horror.

   "Ed!" Peter turned back and saw his brother staring at the letter.  

       Edmund looked up at his brother. 

  "Give me that!" Edmund grabbed the parchment Peter held in his hand and sat down, picking up a quill and started to write. "Hey! What are you doing?!" Peter stared in shock as Edmund ignored him. Edmund then finished whatever he was writing and took some red sealing wax and pressed his seal into it. He then smirked and handed the letter to Peter.

      Peter took the letter and read it, King Lune looking over his shoulders to read what the youngest King had wrote.

   A grin slowly lit up Peter's face. "Maybe I should let you write the refusal letters for Lucy's marriage proposals." Peter smirked. 

     "LUCY'S MARRIAGE PROPOSALS?!" Edmund stared at his brother in shock. "Give me all her marriage proposal letters and some parchment." He ordered, sitting down at the desk. 

    Peter shrugged, grinning. "Be my guest." He said, handing Edmund a stack of letters, another stack of parchment and plenty of sealing wax. 

    "I must say, that is impressive." King Lune chuckled after reading through the letter. 

  "Is this a marriage proposal for Lucy from a man who is 45 years old?!" Edmund exclaimed. "Peter, this is getting ridiculous! Have they gone out of their minds?! They seriously can't be sending Lucy proposals, she's only 9! Do they seriously think she's going to get married at that age!"

     "You do realize these letters came in today? I got a batch of letters yesterday, the day before yesterday and the day before that." Peter sat down next to his brother and continued to write some letters back to fathers who wanted him to marry their daughters.

      Edmund groaned. I'm giving them a piece of my mind! Peter's right, they are absolutely insane! Edmund thought as he finished another letter.

    "What are you doing?"

  Edmund jumped and spun round, coming face to face with Lucy.

      "Lucy! Don't do that." Edmund raked a hand through his hair, knocking his crown off in the process.

     Lucy bent down and picked it up, putting it back on his head. "You have to remember that you're wearing a crown!" She giggled. "Yeah, keep forgetting that." Edmund rolled his eyes.

    "Can I help?" She asked looking at the stacks and stacks of letter piled up on the desks.

  "You can if you want to. You can answer these letters, it's more marriage proposals for Ed." Peter handed her a few letters before returning to his own.

     Lucy sat down next to Edmund and read through the letter. She frowned as she picked up a quill and started writing.  Edmund looked at her curiously, wondering what she was writing.

      She finished and handed it to her brothers for inspection. "Here, have a look." She said.  The two boys peered at the letter, eyes widening.

  The two boys peered at the letter, eyes widening

     "You are certainly a Queen, Lu." Edmund smiled at his younger sister who beamed at the praise.

    "Mr. Tumnus has been teaching me how to write regally. I must say I quite enjoy it." Lucy turned her attention to the next letter.

      "Well, I'm about to write a letter to say 'no' to some count who wants you to marry his youngest son. But even then, his youngest son is about, I don't know, 20." Edmund handed the letter back to her which she then placed into an envelope and sealed it.

     "Please don't sound to harsh in the letter, Edmund." Lucy said as she started to write another letter.

    "Lu, these dukes, lords and counts seriously think we're going to marry you off to a man who is three times your age." Edmund picked up his quill again.

     "If it helps to ease your minds, I got a marriage proposal when I was four." King Lune looked up from his documents.

   "FOUR?!" All three siblings stared at the king in shock.

King Lune nodded. "Yes, so you're lucky you get to make your own decisions."

    "Peter, how many does Edmund have?" Lucy asked slowly. "Ummm, 15." Peter looked up at her.

    "Why does he so many?" She frowned down at another proposal letter.

She never got an answer as Susan burst into the room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!!!!!!! :) :) :) I'll update as soon as I can!!!!!!! :) :) :) (word count: 967)

xxx Claire :)