13. He ran away...

Peter sighed as he sat in the living room with the others.

    The accounts of the disaster in the throne room played over and over in his head.

       "Peter, it's been hours and dinner's nearly ready. Can you go fetch Edmund? That is, if he wants to come down." Susan looked up from the book she was reading.

    "Sure." Peter mumbled, dashing out the room.

         He reached Edmund's room and knocked on the door.

    "Ed? It's me Peter. Dinner's nearly ready." Peter said.

      Silence.

    "Ed? Please come out." Peter tried again.

       Still silence.

  Frowning, Peter opened the door and walked in. He immediately saw Edmund's crown and the note on the bed.

     Peter's frown deepened as he picked up the note, eyes widening when he saw the ink blotches and places where Edmund's tears had dropped on to the ink making some of the words blotchy and unreadable. What the note said, however, made Peter's heart stop.

         A sob escaped from Peter's throat, tears pouring down his cheeks

'No, no, no! He can't have left!' He thought as he raced back to the living room, heart in his throat.

     He barged into the room startling everyone.

  "Peter? What's wrong?" Susan stood up, worried at the sight in front of her. Peter's hair was a mess from the running and his face was wet with tears.

    Peter only continued to sob as he sank into a nearby armchair.

      "Peter, what has happened?" King Lune stood next to him.

   Peter shoved the note into King Lune's hands, still saying nothing.

      "Oh dear..." King  Lune whispered, passing the note on to Susan after he read it.

  "No!" Susan gasped, clutching her necklace as she sank to the floor.

     Lucy started crying.

       "Why did he leave?!" She sobbed, taking comfort in the arms of Queen Leah.

    "We'll find him, dear. I promise." Queen Leah said softly, gently stroking the girls hair.

         "He ran away...." Peter said quietly, not quite believing it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

  Sorry this chapter is short!! The next one will be longer hopefully!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!! :)   (Word Count: 369)

xxx Claire :)