15. Going After Him

Peter scowled as he stared out the window of his bedroom.

         The storm was raging fiercely and all he could think of was Edmund being stuck in the middle of it.

    He sat like that for goodness knows how long before he finally made up his mind.

  'Susan's gonna kill me...' Peter thought as he grabbed a couple of cloaks, putting one on while he stuffed the other one into a bag. He also packed some apples that Mr. Tumnus had brought him after dinner.

    He went to Edmund's room and quietly shut the door after him.

 "What are you doing?"

     Peter spun round, startled.

  There stood Lucy, Susan, King Lune and Queen Leah, who was holding the two princes.

    "I..ummm.." Peter was lost for words.

        "You were going to go look for Edmund weren't you?" Susan said softly, trying to hide a smile. Lucy bit back a giggle.

    Peter nodded, not noticing the amused looks on the other's faces.

  "That's funny, cause so were we! We were just waiting to see if you would come!" Lucy giggled, clasping her hand over her mouth.

    "What?!" Peter looked at them in shock. "Wait, why were you waiting in Ed's room then?" He asked, looking slightly confused.

  "Because we thought you might want to come look at Ed's room before you left." Susan said, "If that isn't the reason, why did you come to Ed's room?"

    "Umm... because of the secret passageway, so I can sneak out of the castle without having to walk through the hallways and draw attention." Peter said, shifting nervously on his feet.

  "THERE'S A SECRET PASSAGEWAY IN EDMUND'S ROOM?!" Susan's jaw dropped.

  Peter didn't answer her as he walked over to the wall of bookcases. He walked over to one of the bookcases and pulled out a set of books and reached behind to grasp a handle. The bookcase slowly moved, opening to reveal a passageway, lit with torches.

     "Let's go." Peter turned to look at the others before disappearing.

The others followed, King Lune shutting the door after them.

    "Now I know how Ed manages to escape the parties and balls." Lucy giggled.

  Susan huffed. She had often told off Edmund, and sometimes even Peter, for disappearing or not attending balls.

     "He's in big trouble..." Susan muttered. Peter laughed.

*~~**~~**~~*+*~~**~~**~~*

       "Peter, I think we should stop here for the night." Susan called out to her brother over the wind.

    They had been searching and traveling on horseback for the last four hours.

 Peter hesitated before nodding.

    Dismounting, Lucy felt like she was being watched. She slowly turned around and gasped.

 "Peter! Look!" She cried out, pointing.

      They all turned to see a boy and a girl floating in the air. Peter drew his sword.

  "Peace, kings and queens. We mean no harm." The girl said, raising her right hand. "You seek a certain king, who is also your brother. Searching in this weather is impossible." The boy said. "We offer you shelter in our home until the storm passes." The girl added.

     "Who are you?" Peter asked.

"We are ice fairies. My name is Mira, and this is my brother, Luke. We work in the palace of the ice fairies. My brother as a warrior, and I as a designer for the princess' gowns." The girl introduced.

     Peter was silent for a moment. "How far is the palace?" He asked.

"Not far. In fact, you're at the border of the kingdom." Mira, giggled, waving her hand.

    The cloud wall a few feet away parted, revealing a magnificent palace with mansions surrounding it.

"Wow..."

     "We'll get you warmed up and settled before we take you to see the Empress and her daughter." Luke said, leading the way to a mansion near the palace.

   The cloud curtain fell back in place, hiding the beautiful kingdom from the outside world.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, would you look at that... the others are now in the same place as Edmund... but they don't know that... :) :)

    Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed it, sorry it wasn't very long. The next one will be with Edmund again. (Word count: 702)

    Thank you for reading and I'll update as soon as I can!!! :) :) :)

xxx Claire :)