why me...why him (part 5)

Rainbows POV

When I woke up I heard someone stomping up the stairs... Dad's back home... It was the next day. I immediately got up and locked the door so he couldn't get in.

He was probably going to come beat us up. I looked at the clock we had, 1 PM.

I woke cloud up, and whispered, "c'mon sis, let's go, dad's back"

"Ok..."she said still half asleep.

I had a rope ladder and we climbed down, I helped cloud off holding her.

We went to the park, I saw soarin.

He saw us and came over, "Hi girls"

"Hi soarin" I said

We sat on a bench and talked for a bit, and Cloud had fallen asleep on my lap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later it started to get dark, soarin made sure we got home, I didn't want to but he did.

When we got home my dad answered the door.

"Oh I've been so worried about you two" He said seeing soarin, "thanks soarin" He pulled us in closing the door, he looked angry, "both of you, basement, now"

I held the now awake cloud close to me.

"GO NOW!" He screamed

We went to the basement, it was cold and bare, besides the box of knives, and handcuffs from our dad's many jail times before we were born.

We were shivering as we were down there, he followed and beat us up, he punched and kicked us. He even cut us with a knife.

When he was satisfied I was hiding cloud behind me.

He left locking us in, the floors and walls were all cement, and there was now blood on the floor.

Cloud was crying in pain, I was holding her. It was freezing, we were both shivering.

Hours later we were both ice cold. And had fallen asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days past, it was dark, we were hungry, and our dad would come down and beat us up every day.

I heard the door unlock.

A couple people came running down, I held a still sleeping and shivering cloud close.

I saw soarin! And the girls! They immediately came over, soarin kneeled next to me, "rainbow! Are you two alright"

I leaned on him way to weak and was shivering violently.

Shy came over and picked cloud up out of my arms, soarin helped me up, but I immediately fell, he picked me up, wrapping his jacket around me, I was freezing.

We went upstairs, I saw my dad on the ground unconscious.

Soarin layed me on the couch, kneeling next to me, Fluttershy sat on the ground putting cloud on the chair, she was fixing her up.

Twilight came over and said "rainbow, is it ok if I clean you up"

I nodded, still shivering.

She started wiping the bloody off my arms and legs. I winced in pain.

Soarin kissed my forehead, "it's ok rainbow,"

I blinked back tears.

He held my hand, it hurt when twilight was using the alcohol stuff.