Chapter 1- Ruined Christmas

24th day of December, 1979. Lily Potter and James Potter were at their home, decorating the Christmas tree without magic. It was a matter of time before the new married couple's friends would come over.

"James?" Lily said as she stepped back, examining her work on the tree.

"Hm?"

"Have you talked to Peter lately?" She said, turning to face her husband.

James suddenly stopped whatever he was doing to think. "I don't think so. It's been a while since we ta-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as the door bell rang.

James ran to the door, opening it before a huge black dog tackled him on the floor.

"Merlin's beard, Padfoot! Stop licking my bloody face before I cut your tongue!" James exclaimed, disgusted.

The dog stepped away and turned back to its normal self.

"That was mean, Prongs." He pouted before his eyes landed on Lily.

"Lilyflower!" He exclaimed and began to run before Remus stopped him.

"Come on, Padfoot. We just came here. Be a good boy and sit down on the couch while I talk to Lily." He ruffled Sirius' hair before greeting James and turning to Lily.

He walked over to where she was standing and took something from his pocket. He leaned down to whisper in her ear before giving it to her. She nodded slowly and grinned at him. The action didn't go unnoticed by the other two.

"What's that?" James and Sirius asked in unison.

"Nothing that conce-" Lily was cut off by Sirius grabbing the Time Turner from her hands.

He and James began to play with it before Remus yelled and pounced.

"Give it back!"

"No way! Tell me what it is!"

"I can't te- What are you doing James?!"

"I wanna look too!"

"James! Stop it!"

Suddenly the four of them were fighting for the Time Turner.

Lily and Remus vs. James and Sirius.

Before Remus or Lily could get it back, someone - probably Sirius - did something and then they were gone.

●●●●●●●

Minerva Mcgonagall was at her office, doing some paperwork peacefully, before four people popped up in front of her ruining her peace. She watched as they fell onto the floor, recognizing them immediately.

"Ow! You're crushing my face!"

"Stop touching my arse you bloody pervert!"

"Lily! Get your hair out of my face!"

"How heavy are you?!"

"Are you calling me fat?!"

Mcgonagall watched in silence as they argued back and forth, before Lily finally stood up, helping the others do the same.

"Whe- Where are we?" She said confused, not noticing the woman in front of her.

"Are we at Hogwarts?" James asked. He took Lily' hand to let her know that he was there with her - not that she needed the comfort -.

Remus noticed the Professor in front of them.

"Professor Mcgonagall? Where's Professor Dumbledore?"

At the mention of his favorite teachers name, Sirius looked up so fast that he could've broken his neck.

"Minnie, my love, what a beautiful surprise!"

Mcgonagall gave a small laugh before wiping the tears that no one noticed away.

"I'm guessing someone-" she looked at Sirius and James, "-played with something they were not supposed to and came here by accident
?" She asked.

"Professor-" Lily began, "-we were meeting up for Christmas before these two idiots played with the Time Turner that Remus gave me as a present." She said as she pointed at James and Sirius. "Where is it anyway?"

She looked at the floor in horror before letting go of her husband's hand and picking up the broken Time Turner.

She took a deep breath to calm herself down and looked at her Professor again. "Can you fix it?"

Mcgonagall stood up and examined the Time Turner. "I'll try my best but it'll take long, and before you ask Mr. Lupin, we don't have any Time Turners." She said looking at them.

"That's a relief." James said, ignoring the glares of Remus and Lily. He suddenly remembered the absence of the headmaster. "Where's Professor Dumbledore anyway?"

"I think I heard my name." Said a painting, making them all look up and gasp.

"You're dead!" Sirius yelled, getting a smack on the back of his neck by Remus.

"I'm surprise your brain can comprehend that much of an information, Black. Since when?" Another portrait sneered.

Next to the portrait of Dumbledore, there was a portrait of Severus Snape.

Lily gasped. "Severus?"

Snape's eyes softened as he looked at Lily.

"You look old." James commented before his eyes widening and looking at Mcgonagall. "What year is it?" He asked panicked.

Mcgonagall hesitated before speaking again. "It's 1998. Welcome to the future."