Chapter 6- The Truth

James practically beamed and told Harry sternly. " You can trust me, Harry." He gave Harry a smile which Harry returned even though it didn't reach his eyes.

"Alright then. I suppose I should start from my childhood." Harry sighed.

●●●●●●●

"I-" he paused. "My- erm... when-" James watched, amused, as his son - Merlin how weird is it to say that - tried to form a sentence.

"Would you prefer if I asked you questions and you simply answered it?" James asked, amusement glinting in his hazel - now deep blue - eyes.

Harry blushed, embarrassed, and shyly smiled before nodding.

James cleared his throat. "First question: Why aren't you home with your parents?"

It was a logical question for James. Of course he wanted to ask other questions too, but this one was important. Why would Harry want to spend his holidays here but not with his family?

Harry's smile fell a little and avoided James' gaze. "They died when I was a year old."

James froze and paled. He was dead? How? If he died when Harry was a year old, then that means... he was only 21... He will die 3 years later. He felt his eyes water. He kept blinking to keep them from falling. It wasn't him that needed comfort. It was Harry. And he was going to give that to him.

"Can- Can I ask how that happened?" He asked weakly.

"There was a prophecy," he paused. His instincts were telling him to tell him but he wasn't so sure himself. He decided to follow his instincts. "About a child born in July that would defeat Voldemort. There were 2. A half-blood and a pure-blood. After hearing the prophecy, Voldemort decided to go after the half-blood child, which was me. He decided to go after the half-blood child because he was a half-blood himself."

James looked at Harry, jaw hanging. "So you're telling me, that Voldemort is half-blood?!" He squealed, making Sirius snore louder than normal.

Harry nodded, impressed that he said Voldemort's name. "His father was a muggle. After finding out that his... lover-" he wore a disgusted look, "-was a witch and used a love potion on him, he abandoned them both during pregnancy. His mother died during birth."

James let out a low "woah", making Harry chuckle. It was obvious to Harry that the man in front of him was very curious about his own past. Not just his, but Voldemort's as well. He just hoped that he could answer all of his questions.

James was speechless. Literally. Voldemort went after Harry and killed him and his wife in order to kill his son. Not to mention his son lived! How the?

James found his voice after a while. "Erm- What about Teddy? Why is he here with you?" Better find out about Moony's son.

Harry sighed, remembering his uncle and Tonks' death. He was still grieving. The war had hit him hard. "His dad and his mum die- died earlier this year. They died fighting for the light side. He lives with his grandmother and will continue living with her until I leave this school. He is here now because his grandmother went to America for a little break from everything."

For the second time, James gaped. Moony was dead too? He wouldn't be surprised if Padfoot and Wormtail were dead as well.

"Do you know his parents? I mean, of course you do. I didn't mean like that. That was a stupid question considering you are the child's godfather." He rambled.

Harry's lips twitched in amusement. He really enjoyed talking to this man. "Yes, I knew them. His father's name was Remus Lupin. He was close friends with my father and his mother's name was Nymphadora Tonks. He was my godfather's cousin's daughter."

James felt like he was going to explode. Remus married Nymphadora?! She is 5 years old for Merlin's sake! He had to close his eyes and take a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"And you? Who are your parents?" James asked. He knew Harry was his and probably Lily's son. He just wanted to be sure about it.

"My dad was James Potter and my mum was Lily Evans. Erm, Potter." Harry answered.

So he was Lily's child after all. It explain the boys poor height. He definitely took after his mum.

"Who did you live with? Were you with your godfather?" At this point, James knew that Harry was talking about Sirius. After mentioning that Remus' wife was Sirius' cousins daughter, it made sense.

Harry sighed sadly. "Unfortunately, no. I had to live with my relatives. My aunt, uncle and cousin. Though, I really wish I could've lived with my godfather. I really hated it there."

James was confused. If Harry hated it there, why didn't he just live with Sirius. It didn't make any sense. There was so much missing from what Harry was telling him.

He was about to ask a question about Sirius before he saw Harry yawning. Harry smiled apologetically which James returned. "'M sorry. It's pretty late. Maybe we could talk tomorrow?" Harry suggested.

"That's fine by me. But I think I'll stay here a little longer. Goodnight, Harry." James smiled up at Harry.

"Goodnight, Jacob." Harry smiled back as he walked back to his dormitory.