Chapter 7- Telling The Other's The Truth

"That's fine by me. But I think I'll stay here a little longer. Goodnight, Harry." James smiled up at Harry.

"Goodnight, Jacob." Harry smiled back as he walked back to his dormitory.

●●●●●●●

Day 1, 25/12/1998

Harry woke up early the following day. Not that he ever woke up late with the nightmares.

After the war, Harry distanced himself from everyone. Nobody except Andromeda knew where he was. They asked her about his whereabouts but she never gave them a single information. She respected his decision about it. She knew he needed to get away from everything. But that didn't mean she didn't force him to eat. When Harry came back to Hogwarts looking like death, everyone was worried. He had bags under his emerald green eyes and he didn't have a healthy weight. Everyone who looked carefully could've seen his ribs poking out. Even after coming back to Hogwarts, he made sure there was a distance between himself and his friends.

When Ron first saw his best friend after 3 months, he had to blink back his tears. It had been 3 months. 3. He had already lost a brother. He wasn't going to lose another. He had missed him dearly. The only time he had missed Harry that much was when he was throwing a fit about the Triwizard Tournament. He could remember promising himself after making up with Harry that he wasn't going to let anything or anyone get between himself and Harry again. The way he missed his best friend was nothing like he had ever before. So when he left him again while hunting for Horcruxes, he knew he could never forgive himself again. He was really glad that Harry was a forgiving person. The first thing he did when he saw Harry was to squeeze the life out of him by hugging him. Hermione had to pull him back from him.

Hermione was just like Ron. Harry was her best friend and brother. He was there for her when no one else was. He never insulted her knowledge and never called her a know-it-all. Hermione knew a lot of people called her names behind her back. Even if they weren't insults, it still hurt her. But Harry always had her back, front and side. She just wished that she could do the same for him. But she knew better. Harry has always been a closed person. He never liked sharing his feelings. She didn't blamed him for it. After a childhood like his, she didn't expect any less. Harry didn't like other people touching him too, but never once complained when Hermione hugged him or kissed his cheek. So when Hermione saw him for the first time after 3 months, she didn't scold him. She simply hugged him as tears poured down her face. She had to hold back more tears when Harry wiped her tears and attempted to comfort her.

Neville tried reaching out for him too. He felt like he owed Harry. Not that it was the only reason he tried to contact him. Harry was his friend. Perhaps Harry didn't consider Neville as close as Ron and Hermione, but for Neville, Harry was one of his best friends. He felt worried about Harry. After a month, he decided to give up on trying to contact him and listened to Luna's advice. "He will come when he will heal." She  had said. "Time and patience are the most valuable gifts we can give him at the moment. That's the least we can do."

Everyone was worried when Harry continued distancing himself from everyone. Even the staff began to notice. They didn't understand. Why was Harry distancing himself? They understood that he needed time to heal. But why come back to Hogwarts if not properly healed? At the time, Harry was like a ticking bomb. The way his body tensed everytime someone tried to talk to him was worrying.

So when Draco Malfoy found Harry at the Astronomy Tower, sitting on the floor and leaning against a wall, Harry exploded. Draco was trying to find Harry to apologize. He had searched the whole school, so his hopes were high when he was on his was to the Astronomy Tower. At the same time, he didn't want to face Harry. He wasn't put in Gryffindor for a reason. When Draco sat down next to Harry, apologized for everything and told him about his side of the story, Harry knew he was close to exploding. He quickly forgave him and when he apologized and told his own side of the story, he exploded. He felt so ashamed as he cried in front of his new friend. He was waiting for Draco to laugh at him. But when Draco pulled Harry close and let him cry onto his chest, he was shocked, but let the tears come.