All Aboard The Hogwarts Express

"All Aboard The Hogwarts Express!"

At the age of 11 years old, every witch and wizard receives their letter to Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. On August 1 2001, Aurora Snape received her letter on her 11th birthday. A new journey awaited her as she packed her trunk full of things she wasn't even sure she'd need. Her father watched her in amazement as she ran circles around him in her room throwing the most random of things into the trunk.

Her father Severus Snape sat on her bed. His eyes as dark as the night sky, and his hair even darker, when he stood up, he was as tall as can be. Aurora had hair just as dark as his but everyone told her she had her mother's eyes, something she hated hearing as her mother abandoned her as a baby. Her light chestnut brown eyes where a sad reminder of the woman who birthed her to then run off to who knows where.

She was always happy she had her father, as tough as he could be sometimes, she knew she had him wrapped around her finger. "Father do you think I'll be able to bring my CD player?" She asked as she pointed to the machine that was plugged into her wall, blasting music as she packed.

"Radio won't work, but the CD's will. Just be mindful to your roommates. They might not like the same music you do." He said as he rolled his eyes to the sound of *NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye playing.

Aurora smiled. "I'll make sure to pack this then! Oh!- My CD case too!" She grabbed a case of music that weighed so much when she dropped it onto the bed, Severus was gently tossed into the air slightly. "I have to make sure I bring my journals, magazines, my books to read for fun, oh! Of course- how could I forget my camera!"

"Aurora! That's plenty! You know you can come home during Christmas break and take anything with you, you've forgotten right?" He watched as she struggled to fit everything into her trunk.

She sat on her trunk to try to latch it shut. "Will you be coming home too?" Her father, was the Potions Master and Head of Slytherin house at Hogwarts. "Am I supposed to come home? What if I make friends and they stay during Christmas? Can I stay too?" She asked frantically.

He placed his hand onto her shoulder and looked her in the eyes. "If you wish to stay, you may stay. I will find out closer to the time of break if I have to stay on duty, or if I am able to come home. If you stay, just give me a list of what you need and I can always bring it back for you. Although I think you'll be fine with all you have."

She felt a bit of relief and placed the last few things into a smaller trunk that her father pulled from the closet for her. The rest of the night Aurora laid in bed, hardly able to close her eyes, let alone sleep. A new adventure awaited her in the morning. The start of the rest of her life and her journey as a witch.

The next morning Aurora woke up to her father yelling at her that they were going to be late. "Aurora! If we miss this train so help me-"

"I'm up! I promise!" She shouted back as she leaped out of bed and threw on the outfit she would be needing for Hogwarts. A simple black skirt, a white button down with a sweater on top with the Hogwarts logo, and a black robe. She buckled her shoes and fixed her hair, which was long and straight. She pulled it back into a ponytail, grabbed her ticket and left with her father.

She ran down the stairs quickly to see her father checking his watch. "Perfect timing Aurora, let's leave now before the platform is too full. I don't want you to be more overwhelmed than I'm sure you already are."

Kings Cross Station was massive, Aurora couldn't believe the sight she was seeing. She ran through platform 9 and 3/4 with her father, who held tightly onto her hand as they entered. "Will you be taking the train too?" She asked him.