Chapter 21

Kind of short chapter. Gonna update again later todayyyy.

Also, I'm editing the published chapters a bit so don't freak out when you get the notifications😅

Hope you enjoy!

- - -

HAPPENED AROUND THE SAME TIME AS THE LAST CHAPTER

Louis hummed along to a song on the radio, picking through his wardrobe for something to wear. He was going over to Harry's house, but this time to spend the day with Gemma. He smiled after finding his favourite striped shirt and red pants( YALL KNOW WHICH ONE) and hurried off to put them on, a spring in his step.

He waited outside the door for a bit, smiling cheerfully at the birds singing and the beautiful weather. He watched as Gemma's familiar car drove towards his house, smiling bright as he got it.

"Had planned to hang around at my place and then go watch a movie, if you don't mind." Gemma started, just as Louis buckled up his seatbelt. He noticed that she was shaking her leg up and down and knew immediately that something was wrong.

"Sure." Louis grinned, earning a smile back from her.

- - -

Gemma was showing Louis around the house, and was now at last room in the second floor.

"And this, is my room." Gemma announced, pushing the door wide open. "Most of my stuff is back at my dorm but I still keep around some essentials."

The bedroom looked much like Harry's, decorated with posters of famous bands but instead had bare furniture pieces. He watched Gemma moving towards her dresser and pulling open the drawer, pulling out a comb.

"Don't mind me." Gemma grinned, fixing her hair. "Might as well start getting ready, the movie starts in few hours."

Louis next to her, peeking in at the contents of the drawer, curious. His gasped in awe when he saw a huge makeup kit, filled with different cosmetics, momentarily surprised at seeing so many different colours.

His eyes stopped right at the column of nail polish colours, shocked at all the different tones, colours and types, blinking back his tears with a slight smile on his face.

Gemma watched as he eyed the bottles, smiling to herself. "Like to try one?"

"Uh-I don't know.." he immediately laid his hands off looking at Gemma with a questioning look. Did she really mean it?

"Come on, choose a colour!" She persuaded. "I can already tell that you love them."

"Can I have the blue please?" Louis said shyly, leaping at the thought of his nails getting painted.

"Which one Lou, there're tons." Gemma grinned. "There are around 20 different shades!"

"Wow." Louis whispered, trying to decide on one. "Help me, I don't know!"

"Okay-...how about aquamarine? Or maybe turquoise?" Gemma picked up both the colours, showing them to him. Louis bit at his lip thinking,

"Turquoise please."

"That's it." Gemma's eyes gleamed, fingers unscrewing the top. They sat back down on her bed, Louis watching as she dipped the brush in the solution.

Gemma took his left hand and placed it on her lap, fingers holding his securely as she started painting his nails, hand slightly shaking. Louis smiled wide at the cool feeling on his finger nails, watching as Gemma turned them a startling blue.

"You know, I used to make Harry do my nails for me." Gemma said, starting on his index finger. "He had really steady hands and did them perfectly, much better than me if I say so myself." She chuckled, watching Louis smile grow wider. "He never once refused."

"There, all done!" Gemma placed the bottle back in its place as Louis brought his hand closer, admiring the colour which stood out. He grinned wide and embraced Gemma in a tight hug.

"Thankyou thankyou thankyou!" Louis squealed, eyes twinkling.

"Careful or the polish will smudge!" Gemma warmed and Louis pulled back immediately, scared that he had ruined it.

Gemma shakes her head laughing at him and pulled him back into a hug, ruffling his hair. "Your so cute, Lou!"

"Thank you." Louis said giggling at her compliment.

- - -

"That was horrible." Gemma sighed, hands buried deep in her jeans pocket as she got out of the theatre with Louis, also shaking his head in disapproval.

"It was boring." Louis mumbled, nose wrinkling. "So much for the money. I'm so sorry Gemma."

"It's fine." Gemma waves it off, getting into the car. "Kinda my fault, I should have chosen some romance movie, pretty sure that would have been better than this crap."

"You think you've time to go to the mall?"

"No, I can't 'm sorry." Louis said sadly, looking at the time. "Need to go back home."

"Oh, it's okay." Gemma smiles, driving back to his house. "I have a lot of great plans for us the next time we hang out, I promise."

"I'm sure it'll be better next time." Louis smiled, getting out of the car. "Bye!"

Louis watched as Gemma drove off, waiting until she'd turned a corner and out of sight before walking into the house, smiling wide as he found Jay in the kitchen, cooking dinner for two. He sneaked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist tightly, giggling when Jay held rubbed at his fingers with her own.

"What's this?" Jay gasped, smiling when she saw his fingers painted bright again.

"Painted them today, mummy." Louis whispered, giving her a quick hug.

"Look, they look so pretty now." Louis gushed out, admiring his painted nails as he sat down on the counter top.

"They do boo, lovely." Jay smiled taking a look at his painted nails. "I'm so happy for you boo."

"It makes me feel pretty again."  Louis sighed sadly, quickly moving on to talk about everything he'd done with Gemma.

"And we'd went to watch a movie, but it turned out to be quite horrible. But it's fine because I had such a good time with her! Gemma's just so nice and lovely person, I like her a lot."

"Gemma?" Jay questioned eyebrows furrowing as she heard the name. "Is that her name?"

"Yeah." Louis said jumping off the counter.

"I-Is her moms name Anne?" Jay asked, gripping at the spoon tightly.

"Yeah.." Louis replied, moving towards her. "What happened..?"

"You haven't met her yet, have you?" Jay panicked, mind rushing through the last conversation with Anne, feeling devastated as she realised the obvious.

"Yes, briefly, she was nice.." Louis mumbled, eyes searching her face for any signs of distress. "Mummy are you okay?"

"Oh Louis." Jay sighed, rubbing her temples in frustration, pulling him into a hug. "Harry.."

"W-what? Mummy please your scaring me.." Louis cried out, taking her hand in his. Anne shook her head sadly as he looked at him. She shouldn't keep this from him, she couldn't.

"Boo, I have to tell you something...Harry's mother.." Jay sighed, expecting the worst as she looked at her anxious son.

"She's one of my patients."

- - -