Chapter 24

"Okay for the last time, you sure you don't want anything?" Niall grumbles into the phone, strutting down the pavement and grumbling to himself as he heard the giggles on the other side of the line.

"Yeah yeah, just my USB by tomorrow." Zayn called out, his voice sounding distant. Niall groaned again as he heard him shriek, followed by Liam's chuckles. He hung up, rolling his eyes at the audacity they had, flaunting their perfect relationship right in his face. 

He walked into a nearby coffee shop, bored out of his mind. Honestly, being a fifth wheel in their group was tiring and it only made him realize all the more that he needed some new friends. He quite enjoyed his time alone, indulging in the routine visit to his favorite cafe and a movie fest right after snuggled up in his blankets back at home. Food need not be mentioned.

Not that he didn't like them, they were like brothers to him of course not. It's just that, being with them constantly reminded him of the fact that he was single. He hadn't found the one yet, so what? He'd wait as long as it took for that to happened , the day might just be around the corner, you never know.

He watched the people sitting around in the little shop, all looking rather too busy to be disturbed. Maybe he could have a chat with someone....

His eyes landed quite specifically on a person, quietly sipping on their latte as she focused on the book in hand, bright blue eyes peeking through the small pair of spectacles on their face. He grinned widely at the butterflies in his stomach, doing a small happy cheer as the person looked up noticing the intense stare he was giving. He gave out a small wave at which she blushed madly, quickly averting her eyes back to the book long slender fingers fumbling with the page nervously.

And that's when Niall knew, that today just might be the day.

- - -

"I really don't think the introductions are needed." Jay started off cheerfully, pushing the door wide open as she smiled widely at Anne and Harry, greeting them both with a warm hug.

"Hi." Harry breathed out, Anne watching them with a bright smile.

"How are things going?" Jay asked them as they walked into the house.

"It's going good." Anne said with an evident smile on her face when he saw her son, looking around in search."I couldn't be anymore happier."

"Louis' in the kitchen, dear. I made him watch the pot on the stove." Jay called out, smiling as she watched him look around for him.

Harry smiled back, giving Anne's hand a quick squeeze before leaving them to talk. He spotted Louis standing a huge distance away from the stove, quite wary of how high the water was bubbling. 

"It's not going to eat you up, you know?" Harry said, fonding at the worrisome look on his face.

"Harry!" Louis giggled, pulling him into a hug as he tried to hide his cheeks red from embarrassment. He placed a loving kiss on his lips before looking up at his eyes, blushing more at the vibrant green colour. 

"Missed you." Louis mumbled tugging at his curls playfully as he breathed in his sweet apple scent.

"I missed you too boo." Harry drawled out in his slow deep voice caressing his cheek that made him feel in love all over again. 

"Your wearing blue!" Louis squealed as he saw the blue sweater on him, the first time he'd ever seen him in anything but black. He had brown pants to go with it which was quite an odd combination, with a yellow shirt underneath. 

"I know, it's all a bit mismatched." Harry chuckled watching him eye the sweater. "You like it?"

"Yup."  Louis stayed in his arms watching the grin on his face grow bigger. Oh, how did he get so lucky?