Chapter 22

2.1 k reads and 170 votes:)

Did I do a double update? Yes I did.

Am I proud of myself? Oh hell yeah I am.

Dedicated to @Potatofarm21 :) Thank you so much for supporting my story!

TRIGGER WARNING: HOMOPHOBIA, ABUSE

- - -

"Lou." Harry whispered, cupping his cheeks in his hands, his own tears still falling. "W-why are you crying, princess?"

"I-I know now, Hazzie." Louis mumbled kissing away his tears desperately. "About y-your mum..and I feel so- I u-understand h-how you feel.." 

Louis wrapped his arms around his body, placing his head on his chest as he felt him heaving slightly. He rubbed his back in what he hoped was a comforting way trying to calm him down.

"Boo, y-you don't-I'm fine." Harry insisted, pulling him back to see his face, smiling through his tears when Louis sniffed, looking at him with concern. "It's alright, n-nothing's wrong!"

"It isn't, Harry. You're s-sad and s-scared of being a-alone." Louis whispered crying, small chest heaving uncontrollably. "It's all a m-misunderstanding-"

"I know, Lou." Harry nodded, pushing the book close with a shaky hand. "I-I just found out."

He watched the look of surprise on Louis' face when he saw the book, turning his head back to him. "T-that's your mum's."

"How do you know?" Harry asked, now his turn to be surprised. 

"Your mum, s-she's been visiting a therapist." Louis started, watching as tears welled up in Harry's eyes. "She wants to get better for you Harry-"

"A-and my mum's her therapist." Louis whispered as he clutched his hand tightly, hearing the sharp intake of breath. "She does that, giving her clients journals to keep track of their emotions. "

"I just found out right now and I know this is all just so absurd but, Harry I'm so glad I did." Louis cried out, kissing him all over his face scared of letting go of his tight hold, finding it hard to string words together.

"A-and that that day you were drunk, your mum called you asking where you were and then m-made me promise not to tell you anything. Sh-she cares about you a lot Harry, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.." He looked at his eyes, scared to tell him the rest.

"Th-that's not all, I-I met her too, last week at your house-" 

"W-what? D-did she say anything to you, Lou?! T-tell me the truth!" Harry panicked internally, visibly shook at what he'd heard. "D-did she h-hurt you-"

"N-no no, nothing like that!" Louis said, shaking his head. "She just- sh-she wanted to know how you treated me..and I didn't know Hazzie, I felt so weird about all of this! When I f-found o-out about all of this it made so much m-much more sense to me, h-how you never t-talked about your mum and seemed so distant when I a-asked anything about your family"

"I know how it is, I've seen people who've got a-affected, t-they shut themselves out of the outside world, th-they feel w-worthless and a-alone...oh H-Harry, I was one of them." Louis sobbed, letting him hold him closer and wrap his arms around him. "I don't want that to happen to you!"

Harry cried softly, heart broken at the thought of Louis depressed, refusing to talk to others, almost gone- he held him tightly in his arms, rocking him back and forth to calm him down.