11

❥︎❥︎

"Oh, there she is. I gotta go now. I'll see you both around!" Mark waved goodbye to me and Taeyong as I got out of my building.

My mom sent us both the same message earlier. She wants us to come home together and pick up something first. I wish she just told me so I can go on my own.

"You ready to go?" He was the first one to speak as I got nearer to him.

"Yeah." I simply nodded and walked ahead of him. I'm glad that he's not talking about taking his car because it will only make things harder now.

The walk to the flower shop was painfully quiet but I liked it that way. I don't find it awkward since I was walking ahead for the whole time. I don't care if he was following or not. I'm gonna get that bouquet and go straight home with or without him.

I gave my mom's name to pick up the bouquet of flowers she wants us to pick up. I think it's the one she wanted customized as a decoration somewhere in the house. It wasn't even that big yet she wants the two of us to pick it up.

The personnel was fixing up something and I was patiently waiting with him, until he got a phone call. I first thought of mom but as soon as he frowned I knew who that person was. I think there's only one person who can put such a sour look on his face.

I wasn't looking at his direction yet I can still hear the frustration in his voice as they converse on the phone.

"What? I'm not at school. I'm going home today. No, you can't tell me that. I don't want to talk about it and you can't force me to. No."

Arguing again, I see.

"I'll be outside." Taeyong tells me in a quiet voice before he stepped outside the store to talk more freely on the phone. I glanced at him for a quick second and he seemed so stressed just by talking to her.

When my mother's name got called and the flowers were finally ready, I stood up and signed some papers for her.

"Is that it?" Taeyong went back inside when I already had the bouquet.

"I can manage." I said as he tried to take it from me when I can obviously handle it. It's just a freaking bouquet. He opened the door for me when we stepped out to finally head home and I didn't mutter a thanks. It was rude but I didn't care at the moment.

"Lee Taeyong!"

We both turn to our left in unison when we heard his name being yelled. Oh. Esther.

I glanced at Taeyong when I heard him sigh upon seeing his girlfriend. She took long steps to get to us and she doesn't look too happy. Did he tell her where we are? Seriously? It's not that I care that much but I just don't want to be in between them and notice their unconditional love for each other.

"Oh, I don't have time for this. I'll head home first." I calmly informed Taeyong and just when I turned my heel to go, I got dragged by my arm. Taeyong immediately stepped in between, trying to break his girlfriend's hold on my arm.

"Can you not touch me?" I take it to myself to get her off me. I am already not in a good mood and she wouldn't want to be the cherry on top of my anger.

"Stepsister, huh?! I knew it! I've been calling you all day but you're out here with her? You're such an asshole!" She went to push Taeyong but I did nothing.

"What? Are you hearing yourself? Can you stop being delusional and snap out of it?" He hissed but she didn't listen to any of it and turned to me once again.