24

❥︎❥︎

After spending few more nights in confusion and forcing thoughts at the back of my mind, I've garnered enough courage to talk to Yuta. We had decided to meet up on a Thursday. We both have no classes yet we met up around campus to discuss the project we'll be doing together but I didn't come just for that.

"This shit is hard," he says. I let him do all the researching for the day and little did he know, I've been doing nothing but observing him from my seat.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I ask him, spinning my pen on my one hand to ease my sudden nervousness. I don't think I've ever been nervous around Yuta.

"I'm busy. Set an appointment with my secretary." He replies and he haven't taken his eyes off the screen of his laptop for the past seven minutes now. As much as I hate to interrupt his passion for today, we need to talk.

"I know what you've been doing, Yuta." I uttered, trying to keep my eyes on him. He sat right up and he seemed confused for a second then he seemed to have realized what I am talking about.

"Don't worry, they wouldn't know that we're just copy-pasting this from the internet. You can just revise this."

"Wait, what?" I frowned and now I'm the one who's confused. "No."

"No? You mean, you can't revise this shit?"

"No, I wasn't talking about our project." I roll my eyes and took the laptop from him, shutting it close for a moment.

"I know you've been trying some highschool love shits on me, Nakamoto." I used his own words for him to realize what exactly I am talking about.

His eyes widened at the slightest bit and he looked like he was on the line between surprise and confusion but he managed to compose himself again.

"Oh, you mean that?"

"Yeah, that."

"What about it?" He asks me, slightly raising his brows and I was taken aback with how relaxed he is about it!

"What?"

"Should I congratulate you for finding out?"

I parted my lips to say something about his snarky comment but I decided not to. I can't believe this. He keeps surprising me.

"If you're curious as to why I was doing it... don't be. It was nothing and you shouldn't worry about it." The way he said it and the way he seemed calm intrigues me in some way.

"I'm not worried about it but I..." I don't even know what to say! How can he be so calm about this conversation when it took me nights to gather enough courage?!

"It was better when you didn't know, right?"

Yeah. I guess it was better that way because now that I know, I don't know what to do or what to feel.

And it doesn't help that Yuta keeps on shrugging it off, telling me not to worry about it and it was just nothing! He won't even tell me the reason why he did it in the first place!

I watch him as he opens his laptop again, trying to get back with what he left off.

"I don't think I can do this today." I admit, shaking my head as I gather my stuffs and Yuta just glanced at me, not even stopping me.

"You're not mad, are you?"

I was so close to snapping at him but I know he'd fight back and we'd probably end up having an argument neither of us wants to have, so I just gave him a stern no, intent enough for him to sense that I need some time alone.