27

❥︎❥︎

Sunday came and I spent the first half of the day cleaning up my room since I haven't gotten the chance to. Also, I did that to distract myself from the thoughts of Taeyong... at least temporarily.

I went down to take my trash out and saw Taeyong's dad in the living room. Seems like he's dusting off some of the photo frame.

"I haven't seen that photo." I spoke which made the older turn to me. Mom must be doing the laundry or is either inside their room.

"Oh, this was when we first met." He hands it to me so I can take a better look. I couldn't help but smile since my mom was smiling on the photo too.

They weren't alone on the photo, they were with some colleagues, I assume. There were two persons in between them yet Uncle Lee's eyes were on mom when the photo was taken.

"I was crushing on her so hard that night. I kept asking my colleagues to ask her number for me." He admits with a chuckle. "They told me she has a kid and is a widow."

"It didn't scare you away?"

"Why would it? Your mother is so beautiful, nothing could scare me away from her. I felt like a teenager crushing so hard on her that night."

I giggled with the sudden confession. Mom never talked about how they met and seeing this photo now I guess they met on a corporate meeting.

"She seemed a bit unreachable though. She was intimidating at first." We shared a laugh because I know mom is. Her brows are enough to intimidate most people.

"I would've chickened out but it was the only time I've ever felt in love towards a woman again, aside from Taeyong's mom. It feels good to be in love, you know. You might be young to understand but love is too powerful." He laughed his typical dad laugh as he looks down on their photos scattered on the coffee table.

In each photos, their smiles couldn't be more genuine. I'm glad that my mom found someone who can make her smile like that.

"The greatest power of love, I think, is that the ability of it to make us forget about everything else aside from the person we love. You lose track of time and the sense of what's right and wrong." He sounded so in love and it almost made me cringe, only if I didn't relate to what he was saying. "Then, suddenly... It's just you and that person. Yet it still feels just right."

My smiled turned to sad one remembering the moments I felt that exact way when I was with Taeyong. He was right. It makes you lose track of time. It makes you lose your senses. It makes you all about that person. And no matter what... it will still feel right.

"I hope you find that kind of love." Uncle Lee tells me as I hand him back the photo frame.

I forced a smile. "I hope so too."

The first thing I did when I got back to my room was to find my phone. I stared on Taeyong's contact icon for as long as I can remember. It has been five days. We can't just be like this forever. I took a deep breath before pressing the message button.

And I here I am.

Sitting alone at the same resto bar where Yuta took me yesterday. I ordered drinks for myself as I anxiously wait for Taeyong to arrive. I told him to meet me here at 6 and it has been five minutes since I got here.