35

❥︎❥︎

"He's gone now."

It felt like I've been holding my breath the whole time Taeyong decided to go back inside to check if the person's still inside the house. I didn't want him to go alone but he told me to wait  outside and call for some help if he's not back after five minutes.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I checked everywhere."

Now I totally sobered up as we sit on the living room again, feeling uneasy. There was an intruder, and the fact that he was in my room, under my bed without me knowing creeps me out. Am I that drunk and sleepy?

"Are you really sure that there's someone? I mean maybe you're just seeing things or..."

Taeyong turns to me in disbelief that I'm not believing him but I can't believe that there really was an intruder. Shit. Is that why the door was unlocked earlier?

"Mom's gonna be so mad if she finds out about this..."

"Did you tell them?"

"No. I don't think we should, unless we're a hundred percent sure about it. Did you even see the person's face?" I ask him as he walks back and forth, trying to gather his thoughts together.

"Just a glimpse but I'm not sure. I don't... Damn. I still can't get over the fact that there was someone under your bed and..." He sighs as he scrambles through his thoughts.

"Even if we tell them, we won't be able to describe the said person." I tell him. Plus, it'll ruin this supposed vacation for them.

"Right." He sighs, obviously stressed out.

"It's alright. Maybe you just need some sleep too." I said, patting his thigh for him to calm down. "Okay, you can go and sleep upstairs. I'm gonna stay here."

"What? Alone?"

"I'm gonna wait for them to come back. You should go and get some sleep." I tell him.

"No. We can wait for them here." He insists so I just agreed. I'll also feel safer if he's around. I lied down on the couch to get some sleep since I know Taeyong won't even close his eyes for a minute.

I was the first one to wake up around six in the morning and Taeyong was knocked down. He's sleeping in an uncomfortable position on the couch since I took up most of the space.

Uncle Lee and mom came back around seven and they didn't ask any questions as to why Taeyong's snoring in the living room. In the afternoon, we all went out to have some late lunch at some fancy restaurant by the beach. Mom said she wants to try the foods there and maybe snap some family photos on the beach.

Mom loved the beach. She walked hand in hand with Uncle Lee and they shared laughs which made me smile to myself too. But as much as it was a lovely sight, I couldn't help but feel hurt. I want to do those things with Taeyong too but it feels wrong even just by having the thought of it.

"Okay, I'm gonna take your mom home. Her feet are killing her." Uncle Lee tells me since mom have been whining about how her ankles hurts from walking along the beach though it was their idea.

"I guess you two can stroll around and be back around dinner?" He turns to me and then to Taeyong who have been quiet the whole time.

"Oh, yeah. Sure."

He smiled wider when we agreed. He even hands us some money to buy whatever we can see. He told us to have fun before he accompanied mom home.

Taeyong and I didn't actually talk. I just walked ahead of him, pretending to take some photos on my phone and he just followed like a puppy. We made a few stops on some food stalls and even on the end of the street when he found a stray cat. He even kneeled down and made me hold his drink for him as he pets the cat.