13

❥︎❥︎

The steel handle of the glass door felt cold against my palm as I pushed it open to enter the supposedly closed pool area of our campus. It wasn't hard to spot where he was as he's the only person in the room now.

He's got his back on me and it seems like he's also about to leave since he's zipping up his bag. I just stood a few feet away from him and when he turned, I could that he got scared for a moment.

"What the... Don't do that. You're gonna give me a heart attack." He says, placing a hand on his chest. What? I did nothing. I was just standing and waiting for him.

"What are you still doing here?" I tried asking him casually like how we used to converse with each other. "Is there something interesting with the pool now?"

I crossed my arms against my chest and walked around. I could tell by one glance that the water is cold by now. I wonder how he survived it.

"You? What are you doing here? Going for a swim?" He asks me back and I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not.

"Don't answer my question with another question. I asked you first." I tell him in a voice rid of any silly business. After what happened right here earlier, I'm not in the mood to joke around with him.

"Okay." He lets out a sharp breath and it almost seemed like he've been holding it for long. He drops his duffel bag on the ground. "I will explain but don't interrupt me."

I wasn't really asking for a long and detailed explanation that he seems like he's about to give me but I still nodded my head yes so he can go on.

"I've been reflecting on my actions earlier. For that, I also want to apologize. Let me sum up the things I'm apologizing for. First is when I snapped at you at the party. I'm so sorry. Second is when Esther attacked you. You don't deserve it and I'm sorry for it. Third, is for earlier. I've lost my cool and said things I shouldn't have. I admit that I was a jerk earlier. I'm so sorry."

Like what he wanted, I did not say a thing to interrupt him. I just nod my head, acknowledging his apology speech.

"It was not true when I said that I was only hanging out with you just to make this family work out-yes, it was one of the reasons why but it wasn't just about it." He explains and I took notice of how he starts to speak a little faster and how his hands moves along to explain as well.

"What are the other reasons?" I broke my silence because of my curiosity. He spaced out for a second but his eyes were just on me. Within that time, I was able to appreciate how he looks with the light illuminating from the pool.

"I'd like to keep it to myself." He said and I know he really has no plans of telling me whatever it is.

"And how about losing my necklace? Mind apologizing for it?" I raised my brow but I feel no heavy feeling right now. I think it's good that we are settling and clearing things up.

"No. I won't apologize because I'll find it." Taeyong says, looking determined.

"You've stayed here for hours and found nothing. An apology would be appreciated." I tell him with a shrug and I motion for us to leave. It's scarily quiet here right now and it sends me shivers.