30

❥︎❥︎

"Mom?"

I went around the house, calling for mom but I guess she's not around. Taeyong's dad was the one who came out from their room.

"Oh, your mom will be home late. She told me to fetch her later. Why? Do you need help with something?" He asks me.

"Oh, nothing really." I smiled.

"So how was the conference?" He asks me as he head to the kitchen. He said that he made some lemonades earlier.

"It was fine... and boring, but I think I learned a few things." I nod and he slides me a glass of fresh lemonade.

Today's the first week of the conference. I went with Kihyun but we did not exchange words unless necessary. I managed to fix my schedule, shifting my Chinese class to Sunday so it won't interfere with the conference.

"Oh, right. Can you sign something for me?" Since Uncle Lee's already here, he might as well sign on behalf of mom. I showed him the parent's consent form needed for the camp week that will take place next week.

Yes. I decided to come along since I think I could really use a vacation too. Plus, Haechan and Johnny were too good with convincing everyone to come.

"Wow. This is amazing. Camp week? That's gonna be an interschool activity if I'm not mistaken. Taeyong also let me sign his last time so he's probably going to." My system paused for as moment when he mentioned that. That's one of the main reasons why I also wanted to go. Of course I won't tell him that.

"Well, I hope you kids will have fun with your friends." He hands me back my form and my pen after signing it for me.

Right. I haven't told my mom. Maybe I'll inform her later. I hope she won't try something and just let me go since I've been good this week and I even attended that conference for her.

Fortunately, she didn't say anything about it when I brought it up on dinner. I was able to pack my things but I needed to sleep early since I still have my Chinese class the next day. But before I fell asleep, I made sure to send Yuta a message, saying I'll see him on the camp.

I'm rhythmically tapping my foot on the wet ground. I'm stuck on my weekend school because of the heavy rain. I've been standing here for as long as I can remember, occasionally scratching my head because the rain doesn't seem like it's about to stop any moment.

I felt someone patting my arm so I turned to my left, seeing Sicheng, a guy from the same school but different class, patting me using his umbrella.

"You need this. Take it."

Oh. I looked down on the black umbrella he was handing me. "Don't you need it?"

"No. I can stay here for a while and let the rain go away or I can just go through it." He simply says. We haven't talked that much but we constantly bump into each other since the the school isn't that huge to begin with.

"I'd rather have you do the first one."

"Yeah, just take this and go." He says, urging me to take his umbrella so I did.

"Thanks, Sicheng. I owe you one." I said with a smile. For the times that we've bumped into each other, he've been nothing but nice to everyone. No wonder why he's like a household name here.