Chapter 9 - Newcomers to Vale

(Jack Keyes personal audio log entry 13)
It's been 3 weeks since I got out of hospital, things have been going well. Emmitt and I have been training for the vital festival everyday with a Spartan II stardand workout, I've also put further development into ammunition and other weaponry. Emmitt has continued to date Yang and he even met her Father, he was sceptical about his daughter dating a 7 foot tall super soilder from another planet but he warmed up to Emmitt eventually. Weiss and I have been spending more time together, she opened up to me about her life and her troubling childhood, something we both have in common. Tomorrow I'm joining team RWBY on a trip down to vale to witness the arrival of students from the other kingdoms to participate in the vital tournament.

This is Jack signing off.

I awoke this morning at 0700 like I usually do, I begin getting dressed by putting on some jeans but before I can finish getting dressed I hear loud banging on my door followed by the door flying open.

Ruby:
"wake up sleepy hea- oh, we should probably let you finnish getting dressed"

Weiss pov
Ruby bursts into Jack's room and the first thing I notice is that he is in the middle of getting dressed, I've actually never seen him without his shirt before, his body is covered in scars, some look like they are a result of years of war and combat and others look like scars from surgery, I presume those are actually from the super soilder augmentations, I could also see three of the gunshot wounds from when he saved my life, but the most noticeable thing is how amazing his body is, he looks as if he has been bench pressing the Warthog every day for most of his life

Weiss:
"Ruby you dunce, the point of knocking is waiting for the person to answer, not to just burst into the room, what if he was naked in here!?"

Emmitt:
"I bet you'd like that, wouldn't ya Weiss"

Weiss:
"what!? Hey, I.. Ugh"

Emmitt:
"calm down ice queen, I'm just messing around with ya"

Jack:
"I really wish you would drop that terrible nickname already"

Emmitt:
"haha, go put a shirt on Spartan"

Jack:
"that was the plan, leave Weiss alone 'ice queen' is just insulting"

Weiss:
"thank you Jack"

Ruby:
"Uh Weiss you're face is going pink"

Weiss:
"ugh, be quiet you dunce"

Jacks pov
Weiss starts arguing with Ruby about something to do with Weiss going pink in the face while I put on a shirt and jacket.

Jack:
"are we ready to go?"

Weiss:
"yeah we're ready when you are"

Emmitt:
"so let me get this straight, you're going into the city to what? Watch the other kingdoms students arrive?"

Weiss:
"as a representative of Beacon I feel as if it's my responsibility to welcome the other students to our kingdom"

Emmitt:
"Riiiightttt, have fun with that, I've got better things to do, like kill Grim or literally anything else"

Weiss and Ruby left the dorm dragging me along with them as they went. After a short walk we bumped into Velvet, I haven't seen her in at least a month.