Chapter 16 - Boots on the Ground

As we arrive above Quadrant 5 it is immediately clear that the entire place is infested with Grimm.

Jack: (Over the coms)
"L. Z. is looking a little hot Dr. 144, why don't you go clear it out?"

Emmitt:
"it would be my pleasure 114"

Emmitt pov
I exited the co-pilot seat and entered the troop transport bay, grabbed my shotgun off the weapon rack and waited for the Rear doors to open up. Once opened I jumped out of the still airborne Pelican and landed boots first on top of a Beowolf, immediately after landing I put an 8 gauge buckshot shell into the closest grim I could see, after putting down the second grim I went into a monster killing spree, slaying any and all grim in the area and after no time the Landing Zone was Grimm free.

Emmitt:
"Sierra 144 to pelican J-216, Landing zone is clear of hostiles, over"

Jack:
"solid copy Sierra 144, handing Pelican J-216 controls over to Alea now"

Jack pov
"I give pelican flight controls over to Alea and jumped out of the pelican grabbing my DMR off my back as I fall, I land on the ground next to Spartan 144 and scan the area for hostiles with my gun raised as Oobleck and team RWBY'S airship flies in and hovers ready to drop off Oobleck and team RWBY. Oobleck is the first to exit the airship.

Oobleck:
"Exelent work both of you, now on to business, come along girls we don't have all day"

Weiss, Yang, Blake and Ruby all dismount from the airship and take on combat ready stances, Oobleck simply sips his coffee calmly as both the Pelican and the airship take off back towards Beacon.

Enmitt:
"it's quiet"

Jack:
"too quiet, keep your guard up"

Oobleck:
"Ladies, Gentlemen, you still may be students, but as of this moment, your first mission as Huntresses and Huntsmen has begun! From this point forward, you need to do exactly as I say! Do you understand?

The girls nod, but Oobleck suddenly looks towards Ruby, startling her.

Oobleck:
"Ruby! I thought I told you to leave all of your bags back at school"

Ruby:
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't.

Oobleck:
"She's not wrong... Very well, Ruby; leave your bag here, we can pick it up upon our return"

Ruby:
"But I, well uh-"

Oobleck:
"Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important to bring it with..."

Dr Oobleck Stops mid sentence as the bag's zipper opens and out pops Zwei's head, causing everyone to stare at the enthusiastic dog.

Ruby: (Whispering to Zwei)
"Get back in the bag"

Zwei merely barks in response.

Oobleck:
"We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teeming with death and hostility, and you brought... a dog?"

Ruby:
"I, uh..."

Oobleck:
"Genius!"

Oobleck backs away long enough for Ruby to give a confused shrug before speeding past and snatching the pet away from Ruby, who tumbles to the ground as Oobleck spins Zwei in the air.