Chapter 7: Fifty shades of weird

Lunch time got me knocking on Dr stanley's office door. I entered when he asked me to.

"Mr, you are in a lot of trouble today"

"Its lunch time, let's go have lunch at my favorite place: Starbites. We have a lot to discuss " he replied.
The journey to starbites was just a stone throw away so we decided to walk. On our way, we got talking and he told me all the juicy details about his date last night.
"... as I tried kissing her, I couldn't help but think about someone else. I was even amazed at myself", he commented.

Which girl has been able to break down your walls?  The girl must be a hard girl then.

"Yes, she's a very respectful and beautiful girl. In fact she's extraordinary. I wanted to tell you about her"

But, you didn't even answer my calls, nor did you come pick me up this morning. Is this your way of proving your love for me? I will beat you one day, I joked as we arrived at the restaurant.

We were shown to our table, took our seats and continued chatting. I was cracking jokes about the menu while he laughed. In the middle of all that, a waitress approached us and asked "what can I offer you two love birds please"?
  "Lol, we are just friends "
  "Thank you we will both like some jollof rice and chicken" we repeated simultaneously.
The first statement obviously from me. "I'm sorry though, I thought because you are wearing matching colors and you kind of look cute together, then you must be in a relationship. Please pardon my mistake", she begged.
"what you just did is called 'hasty generalization ' in Critical Thinking but anyway we good and can we have our jollof ? time is not on our side" I replied.
Stanley just rolled his eyes and commented on how much of a book worm I am. The sumptous plate of jollof arrived right on time, with a mocktail as the 'side chick'. In between eating and drinking, stanley told me all about his date with a girl he met online. It amazes me how some people can trust their lives with strangers they meet online for even a second.Ah well, life is full of choices.  I gave him my phone to take pictures of me. Its not every day that I dress this nice so when I do, I need to pose for the gram. I took some amazing pictures which obviously got posted on Instagram right at that moment. He even requested we take one together. He posted on his IG page and tagged me. He finally apologized for not answering my calls and picking me up for work.

"Dr_Duke started following you ",  my phone beeped.
My face lit up with smiles immediately . i followed him too. The guy literally liked all my pictures. I intentionally posted another picture and captioned it 'whose bae"? In less than two minutes, he commented "mine". Yay! Girl was on cloud nine. He footed the bill and we left.

"Did Duke ask you out", he queried.

"Ermm something like that. Why are you asking '?

"Because he just claimed you were his under the picture you posted".
(I just smiled at him sheepishly)

"Oh, so you are aware"?

"Yelzzz please, boy is a sharp shooter. You still didn't tell me about the girl you can't stop thinking about ". 

"Nevermind! I will tell you later".
I asked if he will tell me on our way home and he replied that he can't drive me home because he has to visit his mom after work. Hmm, is it just me or this guy is acting weird?  I asked myself. I reasoned maybe he's going through something personal. The rest of the walk back to work was made in silence, total silence. The kind of dead silence you experience  in a cemetery. Because I was on my phone chatting with Duke on IG, I was directly behind him and didn't realize he had stopped moving until I slammed into him. Ouch , ouch , ouch,  man you are as hard as a rock, I whined. Simultaneously, he put his arms around me to prevent me from falling. Some seconds passed and his arms were still around me, mine were around his waist as well with my eyes at his chest level because he was that tall.  The whole moment felt like a scene in a typical Korean series.  He raised my head, looked into my eyes and planted his lips on mine all within a twinkle of an eye. I was seriously too shocked to react. Eventually, I responded to the kiss but only for a few seconds until reality kicked in and I pushed him away. I had never kissed a guy before. He just took my first kiss without my consent. AJ always used to tell me that my first kiss has to be with the one I love and cherish the most; my husband or fiancee even. I kind of , was saving my lips for that moment. Anytime I daydreamed about being kissed, Duke's face was what popped in my mind. But here I was, loosing that to his best friend. I was beyond furious. He tried apologizing but I stepped aside and stormed into the office. Tears trickled down my face, immediately I sat down. Tabitha tried calming me down but she really wasn't successful. Minutes later, he also stormed into the office but upon seeing Tabitha, he halted.
"Can we talk'?,He asked.
(I shook my head, signalling no)
"Alright", he left with a dejected look on his face.
Dr. Tabitha asked if I wanted to talk about what happened. I shook my head once more and asked for the rest of the day off. She refused to let me go but I reminded her, there was a clause in the 'Code Of Conduct' that states that under no condition should a health personnel work when he/she is emotionally unstable. I managed to con her into giving me the rest of the day off. My Friday was officially ruined. There were a lot of questions and doubts  going on in my head as I exited the building.