Chapter 16:A blissful paradise awaits

They all drove back to my home and I couldn't believe my eyes. The whole house had transformed into an event center, with all the  decorations that were put in place. It didn't even look like the house I just left some hours ago. There and then I didn't need to be told a big party was waiting to be held. We wined and dined late into the night.  Almost everyone forgot tomorrow was Tuesday until my mom pointed that out. The party came to a close around 10:45pm. By the time I retired to bed, I was so tired yet still, that didn't stop me from admiring the ring on my finger. Very soon I am going to become a Mrs,  Someone's wife and probably a mother too. I hope life will be exciting  as they portray in the movies. My own happily ever after. I was never taking this ring off my finger lest it should get missing. I even showered with it. You know the kind of feeling we get when we were kids and mommy buys us new clothes; We sometimes even go to bed in them.  That was how I felt. Days turned into weeks. Planning the wedding, going to work and managing household chores became my daily routine. The stress was a whole lot for me to bear. I never thought planning a wedding was this stressful. It was taking a toll on me such that, I visibly lost weight. Aj was sewing my dress as well as that of my whole family and hers too. She was equally stressed out I could see. Stanley had stopped making advances towards me after I put him in his place some time ago. However, my biggest problem still remained , Ama.This girl was always inviting herself to our dates and even wedding planning meet ups. She never hid her dislike for me and neither did I hide mine as well. Whenever I complained, Duke will just tell me to stop stressing over nothing because she's his childhood friend. I wasn't the only one who didn't like her because the twins apparently loathed her. In as much as we tried to keep her away from Duke, she always finds her way back to  him. Mommy's favorite quote has now become "go and do this in your husband's house so they will say I didn't train you well.". She says that to every mistake I make at home like for instance allowing the pot of rice to burn on the fire. That wasn't even my fault, a nice movie was showing on the television. I needed to get away from the house and from all the stress surrounding me at the moment. my phone 'pinged' with a mail from a spa resort that someone had booked a spa session for me and it was slated for today. When I asked who it was, the receptionist replied that the person wanted to remain anonymous. Ah well, who was I to reject a spa session on a hot Thursday afternoon. I packed my stuffs and away I skipped to 'Spa and More'. The massage and everything calmed my nerves and all the stress disappeared into thin air. The 'package' came with a dinner for two. In the evening, I sat before a banquet waiting for my 'date' to show up. As disappointing as it sounds, no one showed up. I enjoyed all the food and headed straight to my house,feeling fully relaxed and refreshed. A silent thank you to whoever this anonymous person is. I got home as late as 10pm and surprisingly, my family as well as my friends were still filling invitations to be sent out.I greeted and skipped to my room because, with the wedding a week away, I needed my beauty sleep. Nothing interesting really happened aside the wedding preparations and a bachelorette party that was organized by my friends, the Friday before my wedding. We partied and had fun late into the night till we all eventually fell asleep. I couldn't wait to wake up to the day where I become a new 'me'.