Chapter 23: AJ's P. O. V

When I heard the knock at the door, I silently wished it wasn't my husband because I didn't have the courage to face him after all that happened, and now I had to tell him our baby died due to my negligence. He was so going to kill me. When I saw him in the room, I looked up and silently whispered ; we don't always get what we want huh? I guess I would have to face the music now. One look at his face and I was so scared. His veins had all surfaced and were very visible. How exactly angry was he? 
"Get up and get my son, we are going home". I swear I just died right there. What was I going to do now?  I looked at Ria's face and her expression mirrored mine; terror. I just stared at him with a blank face, while working my options in my head.
"Did I or did I not speak clearly enough? You can give me my son if you wish to stay here".
I took the risk of approaching him and made an attempt to hold his hand, in a way of calming him down.
"Don't you dare touch me, I'm still very pissed off. Just give me my son and continue your 'good deeds'.
   At this point Duke tried calming him down, man to man but his efforts proved futile. He was raging like a wild beast. If he's this angry at what I did that started the argument then what will happen if I tell him his son is dead? I asked Ria and Duke to excuse us even though it was their house. I saw them enter the kitchen and I pointed to the sofa signalling him to sit. Surprisingly, he did sit. I went down on my knees before him and held his hands. With tears streaming down my cheeks, I spoke.
  Baby, I'm so sorry for what happened. Please forgive me, it won't happen again, I promise. Please say you forgive me.

"I'm not here to talk about that unless you want your best friend and her husband to know what you really are. Just give me my son. I have already filed for a divorce. I can't deal with you".
   I'm not going to sign any divorce papers. I'm sorry, we can work this out please Yaya.

  "Stop trying to divert the topic, where is myron? ".

I, we, erm, he,Myron died. He was...
My sentence was cut short as my plate of food hurled across the room and hit the TV set.
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? "
From my periphery, I saw Ria and Duke rush in. She stood with her mouth agape and Duke approached Yaya who was stalling towards me with his fists clenched. I don't know how he did it but he was able to drag my husband out to the porch. My best friend drew closer and rubbed my arms. with the amount of time yaya and Duke spent outside, I'm guessing Duke's doing the explanations. Why did I have to commit that one mistake? Was it even worth it? As I looked at Ria's face I wondered if she was going to be this compassionate with me after she knows what really started the argument. I'm never telling her or anyone so I hoped my husband was keeping his mouth shut about that. After what felt like an eternity, Duke entered the room and simultaneously, I heard tires screeching outside.
"Your husband is really angry and hurt. In as much as I tried, he still insists you shouldn't come back home today, I think you should give him some time", he said.
   I really hate to bother you two. I should get going so I can find a hotel or guest house to lodge in. Thanks for letting me stay the night.

"Seriously, we have two guest rooms. Woman you are going no where. You are staying right here until you decide to go home. Its the least I can do for you", Ria replied.
With dinner ruined, we decided to watch a movie. As usual, Ria fell asleep in the middle of the movie. Seeing how they were cooped up together made me sad and miss Yaya. I didn't even realize I was crying until Duke pointed that out. He gave my shoulders a gentle squeeze and a side hug as well. When we also drifted into lala land, I can't tell.