Green Ninja

(3rd person pov)

The five ninja were getting ready for their midnight training, and put on their gis. Kai suspiciously walked out, and it caught the attention of the Indigo ninja.

She noticed, and quietly followed after him. Since guys can be kind of oblivious, no offense, the others didn't even notice. She walked behind him, and watched as he entered Sensei Wu's room. She raised an eyebrow, and peeked through the crack.

Y/n saw Kai putting on the green ninja gi, and she turned around, snickering. She wasn't gonna watch him get undressed and dressed, but she sure was gonna laugh at it. She kept her giggles hushed as she looked over once more.

He had managed to put on the green gi, and he started posing, making him look ridiculous.

"Fire go! Shoot flames!" Kai exclaims while posing. "Oh come on! Everyone else can do it. Prove that you're better than Cole, Zane and Jay! Prove that you're good enough for Y/n..." he whispered the last part so she couldn't hear it.

Y/n only giggled, and finally opened the door, making it creak. "Hey, hot shot." She smirked.

His attention snapped back to reality, and he faced his crush."Y-Y/n! H-How long have to been standing there?!" He blushed madly.

"Long enough." She scoffed. He looked to the ground, all red.

"I know you want to prove that you're better than the whole team, but don't you think going through Sensei's things is a little too far?" She rolled her eyes and smirked.

Kai only nervously chuckled, and tensed even more. "I...yeah...sorry." He lifted the hood up, and revealed his spiky hair. The rest of the team walks in, and they laugh at Kai's outfit. "Whaaat are you doing? Isnt that the green ninja suit? That's awesome!" Jay smiled.

"Yeah, and what are you doing here, Y/n? I thought you didn't care who the green ninja was." Zane questioned her.

She shook her head and smiled. "I don't. But I saw Kai over here sneaking off, and I figured it as best to follow him." She smirked and winked at Kai, making his insides melt.

"W-Well I was looking for some sort of clue from Sensei, but I found this." He gestured to the gi.

Zane humorously smiles, and speaks up. "But you know, only he who is foretold to face Lord Garmadon is destined to be the Green ninja. And only he was to wear the Green Ninja outfit."

Kai lowers his head, and not for the reason they thought. He walked over to the nearest window, and stared out.

"So Sensei would most likely be very-" Zane is interrupted by the fire ninja.

"I know, I know. But I thought if I just tried it on, it might help me see my true potential. It's not fair that you guys have unlocked you're cool powers and I still haven't. Besides, Sensei's still gone, and we don't know when he's coming back." Kai says.

They heard a door open. "Hello? I'm home!" They heard. Y/n gasped, and ran to go greet the old timer.

"Sensei!" Everyone else shouted, and ran after Y/n. Kai panicked, and frantically looked around. He then runs around, trying to find his original gi.

They all welcomed Sensei home, and he smiled at all his students faces. "Ah, it's so good to be home." Sensei smiled.

"So glad you're back." Zane says.

"We missed you so much." Y/n grinned.

"Did you bring us anything?" Cole asked.

"Oh Sensei, you missed so much." Jay chuckled. He jumped on a table and started rambling, listing out all the things he had missed out on. "Zane's a nindroid, Nya was the mysterious samurai, Coles a dancer, an-"