The Last Voyage

(A/N : Sorry for the wait, and hope you enjoy the double update! I've been dying to update, but you see, education is where it's at :( )

(3rd person pov)

Y/n fiddles with her fingers. "Well?" Kai demanded.

He was mildly angry, but was afraid of the answer. "I- Uh.....we are...." Y/n stuttered.

"Together. They're together." Nya cut in. Kai snapped to her, wide eyed and all. She tried smiling in front of the couple, but it turned out looking like the 😬 emoji. She knew well that her brother was in like with the same girl, but she couldn't say the wrong thing without exposing Kai.

"Together?! Like "together" together?!" He said while fearing the worst.

She nodded, and Zane turned pink.

"A-........And you didn't think to tell us sooner?" Kai croaked.

"W-We did. But....so much has been going on lately, and I couldn't find the right time to-"

"Hey, what's going on here?" Jay interrupted. The rest of the guys entered the conversation while Y/n was talking. Misako and Sensei had left before the conversation had started to check on the citizens, leaving the ninja team to talk.

"N-Nothing." Y/n snapped.

"Uh yeah. Because keeping a secret from your friends is nothing." Kai scoffs while crossing his arms.

Y/n and Zane were being publicly shamed, and although she knew he was only saying this out of jealousy, Nya just couldn't stand it. "Oh come on Kai. That was totally uncalled for!"

"Says the one who knew the whole time."

Nya hisses at him and looks to Y/n. She has an irritated face, along with a worried one. Zane on the other hand looked so confused. Nya wondered if this was his first relationship..

"Why are you such a hot head? Why can't you just take things the way the are?!" Y/n said while letting go of Zane's hand. She angrily crossed her arms.

Lloyd and the guys all watched with confusion. "What's going on?" Lloyd whispered to the blue ninja. "I'm just as confused as you are." He replies back.

"Well....I...." Kai stuttered while trying to find the right words.

"Right. That's what I thought." She spit. She walked away from the group, and headed back to the brig. She wanted to clear her mind by helping with the stranded people.

Nya undoubtedly followed her, bumping her brothers shoulder on the way there. The guys all stood around in silence, Zane trying to find any possible solution to make the tension less.....uncomfortable.

Cole looked back and forth at the guys, and figured no one was gonna ask, he would. "Okay, can someone please tell me what's going on?!"

<><><>

After explaining to the guys what happened, everyone seemed to be having mixed feelings. Zane has left at the end of the discussion, he didn't want all the overwhelming questions tire him. Cole felt strong waves of guilt, as if he should have assessed the situation earlier. Lloyd didn't quite understand, he skipped puberty after all. But he did know one thing, even though she was here, her being with Zane made him feel more anxious and distant. We obviously all know how Kai felt, but Jay...he felt strange pullings in his heart, but he didn't understand why...

<><><>

The ninja team set up a small camp for the group of people on board. They landed on a deserted island to build their temporary living space, and settled down. The ninja stayed by the Bounty, fixing the old girl up.