The Art of the Silent Fist

(3rd person pov)

The woods.

A safe hiding place found by our six ninja and one samurai. The ninja and samurai walked around the lit woods trying to scavenge for loose branches to seclude their devices from any nearby enemy.

They threw what they could find on their vehicles and gear and clapped the dirt and muck of their hands.

Cole places green trees around his mech like a little hut. Lloyd sighed, nearing his black haired friend. "Ah, this is a perfect place to lay low."

Y/n, finishing off with her work, sat on the hill with them, leaning against a hardy tree. "No robots. No cameras. No trouble." Lloyd finished with a satisfied look.

"You said it Blondie." She smirked, Cole walking down to join the others at the bottom.

He shook his head, sitting down with her.

"Hey, I thought I told you not to call me that." He said while tilting his head so his hair would move out of his eyes.

She stared into the green orbs that held pure innocence, feeling guilty for even looking into them. She nervously chuckled, eyes retreating to the ground.

"Y-You can't tell me what to do, short cake." She muttered. Truth be told, he was actually taller than her.

"Who's calling who short cake, shorty?" He teased.

She moved her head, hiding her face from the green ninja. He took it the wrong way, and his mouth curved into a slight frown.

"I-I'm sorry. Did I say something wrong?" He apologized.

She shook her head, still facing the ground. "No, of course not.....you haven't done anything wrong..."

Silence filled the atmosphere, and Y/n was startled by a hand on her shoulder. Her muscles tensed, and Lloyd noticed.

"...Look.....you know you can talk to me...right? I....we....are here for you. We're all here for each other. No matter what."

Her hands clutched the bottoms of her elbows, and her nails dug into her skin. "So I've learned..." She say with the tiniest smile.

He seemed to have something to say, but didn't speak. His hand slowly dropped, and his mind finally found the courage to talk.

"Y/n! Can you come down here please?" A voice interrupted.

The girls attention snapped to the call, and she stood up, brushing her gi off. Before leaving, she ruffled her friends hair up, making him jump at the sudden action. She smiled and rushed down the hill before he could catch her.

She finally reached the bottom and stood with Nya.

"You called?" She said out of breath. Lloyd follows after, and Nya just rolls her eyes, tossing the new gi design to Lloyd.

"Change into that. If any of the robots were to find us, this new design would manage to scramble their signal."

He nods, starting to slip into it.

Nya chuckles, and gestures for her and Y/n to start walking. They wandered the woods for a while in silence before Nya confirmed they were out of earshot.

"So.....have you told him?" She questions the ninja.

Y/n started heating up, almost breaking into a sweat.

"Told him what? What's there to be told...?" She nervously questions while avoiding the question.

"You know what I mean, don't beat around the bush..." Nya chuckles.