Chapter 03

The clinking sounds of utensils are dominating the dining area, not until Beomgyu's father spoke.

"Beomgyu."

Beomgyu looked up at his father. "Yeah?"

"You'll attend your new school starting tomorrow. Your transferee papers are now all fixed."

Beomgyu's face faltered at that. Nonetheless, he nodded. He was thinking about Kai, his best friend, they'll be going to be separated of school, and he'll not be seeing the younger every day anymore, not because he has feelings for him though but because he was used to it being with the younger ever since. And just thinking about it made him sigh.

His father reached his shoulder and gently gave it a pat.

"It's gonna be okay, you know that we moved here to be near you because of our job and to always have eyes on you." His father smiled.

"Yeah I know. It's very understandable." He said, forming a small smile.

His father reached for his hair and ruffled it, leaving it tousled. "Don't worry, I know Kai will always visit you here. Try to make some new friends, huh? And don't do such foolish things in your new school." Beomgyu as an obedient son he is, nodded and resumed eating.

"And sweetie, if you see a cute, hot or pretty guy on your campus and you have something you know feelings towards them don't hesitate to tell me, okay?" His mom bluntly said, causing Beomgyu to choke on the food he was eating. He fastly grabbed a glass of water and immediately drank it while his father gave a death glare to his mother.

"Just kidding." His mom reassured.

After eating dinner, Beomgyu went to his bedroom and packed his stuff in his drawers.

He took a quick shower before laying on his bed to sleep. But for over an hour, he's still wide awake, moving on his bed side to side, even lulling himself to fall asleep, but his eyes aren't cooperating with him.

With an annoyed groan, he pulled his comforter away and stood up. He walked downstairs, deciding to wander outside for the meantime.

Reaching the living room, he saw his mother, eyes fixed on her laptop while her fingers were busily pouncing on the keyboard.

"And why are you still awake?" His mother asked, not bothering to look away from her laptop.

"I can't sleep. Can I go outside?"

"Aren't you tired on the trip?"

"I just need some fresh air, and I can't fall asleep." He replied.

"Okay, but be careful it's pretty dark now, the world is more often dangerous when it's dark." His mother said, spooking him up with a horror tone, even gesturing her fingers like a spider which made Beomgyu grimace at her antic.

"Yeah I know." Beomgyu rolled his eyes, chuckling at the end. He soon walked out of their house and let where his feet could take him.

He entertained himself with the series of things he saw. He would even take pictures of those things that caught his attention, creating aesthetic pictures on his phone.

When he was tired, and just right on the cue, he saw a bench. He headed there and sat down, just relaxing whilst checking the pictures he took on his phone, a proud grin spreading up his lips.

But in his calming atmosphere, he heard soft stomps of feet nearing the area. Beomgyu looked up from his phone and searched for the sound. He then saw where it came from. It's from a red-headed one. He's limping but he still tried to run. And although it was nighttime and the only source of light on the road are the street lights, Beomgyu could see the tears that were streaming down from the boy's eyes.

Beomgyu frowned. For an unknown reason, he stood up on the bench and tried to follow the boy.

Beomgyu saw him walk towards the dark part of the place. Not too dark though because he can still figure out what the boy is doing.

The red-haired boy sat beside the tree and leaned his back on the huge trunk, hugging his legs while burying his face on his knees, sobbing. He then started to shout after a few minutes of sobbing.

"Why is the world so mean to me?"

"I didn't mean to do that."

"I'm tired, I'm really really tired"

"Mom, why did you leave me?"

"I can't take this anymore."

"Did I do something wrong in my past life to deserve this life which was filled with sadness?"

"Am I the person who is hard to love?"

"Mom, I do all of what uncle and aunt asked me to do. I earn money, cook for them, clean their house every day, wash their clothes and I didn't even go to school today because they said so."

"Mom... aren't those enough for uncle and auntie to love me? I thought they would love and care about me."

Beomgyu was baffled. The crying boy kept on speaking and muttering mom but there was no other person under that tree, just him. However, he resumed eavesdropping.

"Every time I ask well what's going to do on something that I really don't know, they always reply me with shouts, and saying 'Use your useless brain sometimes, you're so stupid, use your dumbass little mind, you are old enough, and you still don't know that? How stupid little shit."

"A while ago, I just accidentally hit the wire that was connected to the TV making it shut off and that caused me to get beaten up again. It's just funny that.. that very small mistake made me suffer again."

"I can't.. I can't understand why they are doing this to me."

Beomgyu heard all of what he said, thinking that the boy's auntie and uncle must be really cruel to him. He doesn't encounter any painful memories back then because his parents spoiled him. But even though being a spoiled one, he still knows what's the feeling of being hurt.

Beomgyu sighed, feeling sympathy for the situation of the boy. Although just a mere boy that he saw running while crying a while ago, pleading for the right treatment, Beomgyu couldn't help but wanting to soothe his feelings and be friends with him. And those are the reasons why his feet made their way toward the boy.