Chapter 32

"Aunt Sally?"

"Taehyun I've been looking for you everywhere." The woman attempted to walk towards Taehyun but the latter only scooted away while hugging the older even firmer. He buried her face on Beomgyu's shoulder.

Beomgyu looked at him and then to the woman. Curiosity rose up on him, not until he finally figured out the answer by himself. He's Taehyun's auntie.

"Oh yeah." The woman chuckled faintly, a tear slipping from her eye, and she immediately wiped it away. "Taehyun sweetie, I'm sorry."

Taehyun looked at her while furrowing his brows. Are his ears deceiving him or did he just really hear that his auntie said sorry to him? However, Taehyun remained standing behind Beomgyu.

"Taehyun, can we talk?"

"No!" Beomgyu butts in, which makes the woman look at him.

"You and your husband used to hurt him. And what if you talk and threaten him? Also, you're his aunt who blamed him for stealing your expensive necklace and money, right? So, why do you still need to talk to the person that you thought was a thief?" Beomgyu said, leading the woman to become silent for a few seconds before speaking.

"Right, I'm sorry, I- we didn't mean to hurt him."

"You didn't mean to hurt him?! What a useless reason." Beomgyu laughed sarcastically. "You don't know how you and your husband hurt his feelings. You don't know how his body hurt because of those fucking filthy fingers of you two. Now you-" Beomgyu was cut off from speaking when Taehyun tugged the hem of his shirt, signaling him to stop. Beomgyu looked at Taehyun for a moment before continuing to speak.

"Now you get out of my boyfriend's sight, you fucking worthless, trashy, ugly whore before I make your head bald and-"

"Hyung." Taehyun pleaded, he was already crying and so was the woman in front of them.

"I deserved it, and I'm sorry if I hurt you, Taehyun." The woman smiled faintly, wiping her tears as she let out something from her wallet.

It's not money, it's an old folded paper that looks like a letter.

Taehyun is still confused about his auntie's bizarre actions. Why is she saying sorry? And what's that thing on her hand? An apology letter perhaps?

"I thought I already threw this before, but I guess.. I never did." The woman came closer to the two.

Beomgyu scooted their bodies away from her.

"I won't hurt your boyfriend, young man. I just want to give this letter to him." She explained.

Beomgyu just knitted his brows as the woman walked closer while giving the paper to Taehyun.

"Take this, and sorry for all the things I've done before." She said.

Taehyun awkwardly took the paper.

"I'm going now." The woman turned her back as she walked away but Taehyun suddenly shouted her name.

"Aunt Sally! We can talk!"

The woman turned around and shook her head.

"Please be happy now Taehyun! I'm letting you free! Please read that letter! It's from an important person." With that, the woman dashed away, crying while wiping her tears.

The reason why Sally always hurts Taehyun is that every time she sees him, she sees her sister's face (Taehyun's mother) to Taehyun. She hated her sister to the bone secretly before for some reasons. And so, when her sister died and had trusted her to take care of her son, she poured all the hatred towards her son.