Chapter 10

Beomgyu opened their front door and was greeted by their middle-aged maid before going inside their house. "Where's mom and dad?" He asked the maid.

"They are at work sir. They even said that they may not be able to go home tonight." The maid replied.

Beomgyu could only sigh. Of course they are on their work, why does he even bother to ask. He walked to his bedroom and took a shower, wearing just a simple tee and sweatpants. Beomgyu then strolled out of his bedroom. He closed his door and walked downstairs.

He feels isolated from his parents, but he has no choice but to accept the fact that his parents are busy and not all their time will just be spent around him.

Beomgyu sat on their couch, picked the remote and opened the television to distract himself from boredom.

When he couldn't find any better shows after a lot of pressing and finding, an annoyed groan came out of his mouth while shutting the television off. He goes to their front door, deciding to take a stroll and get some fresh air outside instead.

"Sir, where are you going?" The brunet halted from opening the door and eyed her.

"Uh, I just need to get some fresh air.."

"What if something bad happened to you sir, I'm gonna be fired. Sir, I don't want that. I'm the only one who gives sustenance to my family." The maid had said, advance-minded.

Beomgyu chuckled. "I'll be alright auntie."

"No sir, it's dangerous outside."

"I'll be okay."

"But sir-"

"Please, auntie." The brunet pleaded.

The maid thought for a moment before sighing. "Fine, but sir please come back at the right time." She said as she gave an adieu, letting him go outside.

The brunet smiled at her, he understood her reason for not letting him go though. Beomgyu opened the door and reached the gate, walking out of their area.

He strolled here and there. Amidst him strolling, his phone rang in his pocket causing him to flinch a little. He then gets his phone in his pocket nonetheless.

Beomgyu unlocked his phone after seeing the caller ID. He turned on the loudspeaker before placing it near his ear.

"Hello-"

"Hyung! I have to tell you something!" The caller squealed with his high-pitched voice which caused Beomgyu to move his phone away from his ear. He regrets turning on the loudspeaker.

When Beomgyu felt Kai's voice quieten down, he asked,

"What is it?"

"Um.. Jeonginconfessedtomeawhileagafterclass." Kai pattered.

"Huh?"

"I said, Jeonginconfessedtomeawhileagoafterclass." Kai repeated.

"Ah okay. Wait- what?! Your crush just confessed to you?!" Beomgyu's eyes went wide. "Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Oh, congrats."

"Thank you, hyung. He also walked me towards our house and.. and.. and.. hefuckingheldmyhandsandintertwinedourfingerstogether." Kai fastly said but the brunet still managed to understand.

"That was.. cute and sweet."

"Yeah, it is." Kai replied on the other side while burying his flushed face on his pillow. Beomgyu then resumed walking on the sidewalk.

"Anyway, how's school there?" Kai asked when he regained his composure.

"Fine." Beomgyu replied. He suddenly spotted the bench when he first saw Taehyun and sat there, still talking to Kai, not until he heard someone was sobbing.

Beomgyu stopped talking and stood up, giving a search where the sob came from, not noticing he was going to the place where Taehyun bawled his eyes out before.

Beomgyu saw a silhouette of a boy and two bags. And that boy looks busy with whatever he's doing.

"Hey hyung, are you still there?" Beomgyu flinched. He looked at his phone in his hand, realizing the call was still on.

"Ah yeah." Beomgyu answered. "Kai? Let's talk again soon okay?"

"Why?"

"I just have to do something." He white-lied.

"Oh, okay. Bye hyung, take care! Love you."

Beomgyu cooed. "Take care and I love you too."

With that, Beomgyu ended the call. He eyed back at the boy he saw, trying to figure out what he's doing, and when his eyes got to be able to see the boy a bit clearer, Beomgyu saw that he was holding a shiny thing and seemed like he was cutting something on his hand.

Beomgyu squinted his eyes until he saw that the boy was making cuts on his wrist using that small blade, even hissing in pain yet he still continued making cuts.

Beomgyu took a few steps towards the boy, only for his eyes to widen when he recognized that the boy is no other than Taehyun.